Metrowerks Announces CodeWarrior Learning Edition v3
From The Show Floor - Metrowerks Announces CodeWarrior Learning Edition v3
by , 8:00 AM EDT, July 19th, 2002
In preparation for MACWORLD Expo, Metrowerks last week announced the release of CodeWarrior Learning Edition v3. This product is a simplified version of their full-featured development product, CodeWarrior, and is especially tailored to students, and anyone who would like to learn how to program in C/C++ or Java or (Mac only) Objective C, under Macintosh or Windows.
CodeWarrior Learning Edition helps users learn programming, with such features as a streamlined toolbar, code completion to speed coding, and a multimedia tutorial that guides one through using the integrated development environment (IDE). One can also attend CodeWarriorU.com, which Metrowerks claims is the world's largest resource for free online courses in programming, with over 80,000 registered users.
Also new in this version are Java Power Tools from Northeastern University, a Java rapid application development (RAD) tool to help development of Java programs. There's also an Advanced Placement (AP) module, to help high school students prepare for the Computer Science AP exam.
The Learning Edition does have some limitations, such as only allowing a maximum of 32 files in a project, no advanced PowerPlant (a programming framework) features, and no cross-platform development feature.
The Mac Observer Spin:At $59 for academic customers, and $79 for non-academic customers, we think this is a great way for Mac (and PC) users to start learning how to develop Mac software.
- Sun,11:42 AM
- MGG 520: Wrapping Up Tech Week With iOS 8 & More
- Sat,7:27 PM
- Fun Rant about Those Who Claim Apple is the Copier
- 12:27 PM
- How to Make Your iPhone 6 Work with Your AT&T MicroCell
- Fri,7:51 PM
- iOS 8 App Store Bundles Explained
- 7:23 PM
- WSJ Lines Up Tim Cook to Kick Off Inaugural WSJDLive Conference
- 5:42 PM
- Learn Apple’s New Swift Programming Language for $19
- 5:00 PM
- Apple iPhone 6 Plus - the Word That Shall Not be Spoken: Phablet
- 1:44 PM
- TMO Daily Observations: 2014-09-19
- 11:20 AM
- Launch Day Survey Says iPhone 6 Plus is the Go-to Choice
- 10:35 AM
- AT&T’s Next Plan May be the Cheapest Way to Buy an iPhone, Despite the Hype
- 6:40 AM
- iOS 8: How to Change Safari’s Default Search Provider to DuckDuckGo
- 2:45 AM
- First iPhone 6 Sold in Perth Dropped by Kid During TV Interview