Belkin Adds To The Invasion Of Bluetooth Adapters
From The Expo Floor - Belkin Adds To The Invasion Of Bluetooth Adapters
by , 1:45 PM EDT, July 19th, 2002
Bluetooth technology looks like it is finally coming of age. We should know, since we were using a D-Link Bluetooth adapter and a Motorola Timeport 270c phone to connect to the Internet and bring you live Keynote coverage.
Unfortunately, unless you were one of the first to order this adapter, you may have had trouble getting one, since the Apple Store has been listing it as "temporarily unavailable" for the last couple of months. Fortunately, Belkin recently entered the Bluetooth space, with the announcement of several Bluetooth adapters last month. One of them is USB-based, and was shown running on a Mac at this week's MACWORLD Expo.
Unlike the D-Link unit, the Belkin unit is a little larger, has more visible indicator lights, and a movable antenna. Although originally slated to ship in July, Belkin has updated their ship date for this product to August, and it will retail for US$69.99.
The Mac Observer Spin:It looks like this will be The Year of Bluetooth. Now that we are seeing support for this technology from such heavyweights as Apple, Motorola, Palm, HP and now Belkin, we can only see this technology getting better as time moves on.
- Tue,9:40 AM
- Chill Out with the iPhone Controlled Cool Connect Air Conditioner
- Mon,8:00 PM
- Apple to Announce Q3 Results July 21st
- 7:18 PM
- MGG 559: Connecting Networks Together, Photos on NAS & Upgrade Snapshots
- 7:14 PM
- Dr. Dre’s ‘The Chronic’ Will Stream Exclusively on Apple Music
- 6:15 PM
- 8 Years After Launch, It’s an iPhone World
- 5:30 PM
- How the USB-C Port on the New MacBook Helps the Battery Life
- 4:43 PM
- Last Chance for the Summer Mac Essentials Bundle
- 4:12 PM
- Import Spotify and Rdio Playlists to Beats Music for Apple Music Launch
- 2:20 PM
- TMO Daily Observations 2015-06-29: Getting Ready for Apple Music
- 11:25 AM
- Apple Music Coming to Sonos Later this Year
- 10:46 AM
- iOS 8.4 Coming Tuesday at 8AM Pacific Time Ahead of Apple Music Launch
- 9:45 AM
- Apple Music: What You Need to Know