Belkin Adds To The Invasion Of Bluetooth Adapters
From The Expo Floor - Belkin Adds To The Invasion Of Bluetooth Adapters
by , 1:45 PM EDT, July 19th, 2002
Bluetooth technology looks like it is finally coming of age. We should know, since we were using a D-Link Bluetooth adapter and a Motorola Timeport 270c phone to connect to the Internet and bring you live Keynote coverage.
Unfortunately, unless you were one of the first to order this adapter, you may have had trouble getting one, since the Apple Store has been listing it as "temporarily unavailable" for the last couple of months. Fortunately, Belkin recently entered the Bluetooth space, with the announcement of several Bluetooth adapters last month. One of them is USB-based, and was shown running on a Mac at this week's MACWORLD Expo.
Unlike the D-Link unit, the Belkin unit is a little larger, has more visible indicator lights, and a movable antenna. Although originally slated to ship in July, Belkin has updated their ship date for this product to August, and it will retail for US$69.99.
The Mac Observer Spin:It looks like this will be The Year of Bluetooth. Now that we are seeing support for this technology from such heavyweights as Apple, Motorola, Palm, HP and now Belkin, we can only see this technology getting better as time moves on.
- Wed,8:40 PM
- ACM 274: LOL Windows 10, Privacy Has Value, Protesting and Jailbreaking
- 5:25 PM
- iOS 8: News In Notification Center
- 4:19 PM
- The Name Your Own Price Learn To Code Bundle
- 4:11 PM
- Waterfield Spinn Pouch Case for iPhone 6/6 Plus: Excellence in Leather
- 3:40 PM
- ‘Someone’ Targets Hong Kong Protesters Using Jailbroken iPhones with Malware
- 2:55 PM
- iOS 8: Make Cellular Phone Calls from Your iPad Using Handoff
- 2:01 PM
- New Aerial Shot Shows Apple Campus Construction Underway
- 1:40 PM
- iPhone 6 vs iPhone 6 Plus: Dr. Mac’s Final Showdown
- 1:23 PM
- TMO Daily Observations: 2014-10-01
- 11:02 AM
- Report Claims Gold iPad Coming Soon
- 10:31 AM
- Evercore Raises AAPL Target on Strong iPhone 6 Demand
- 10:03 AM
- Apple Tells Developers to Submit their OS X Yosemite-compatible Apps