Belkin Adds To The Invasion Of Bluetooth Adapters
From The Expo Floor - Belkin Adds To The Invasion Of Bluetooth Adapters
by , 1:45 PM EDT, July 19th, 2002
Bluetooth technology looks like it is finally coming of age. We should know, since we were using a D-Link Bluetooth adapter and a Motorola Timeport 270c phone to connect to the Internet and bring you live Keynote coverage.
Unfortunately, unless you were one of the first to order this adapter, you may have had trouble getting one, since the Apple Store has been listing it as "temporarily unavailable" for the last couple of months. Fortunately, Belkin recently entered the Bluetooth space, with the announcement of several Bluetooth adapters last month. One of them is USB-based, and was shown running on a Mac at this week's MACWORLD Expo.
Unlike the D-Link unit, the Belkin unit is a little larger, has more visible indicator lights, and a movable antenna. Although originally slated to ship in July, Belkin has updated their ship date for this product to August, and it will retail for US$69.99.
The Mac Observer Spin:It looks like this will be The Year of Bluetooth. Now that we are seeing support for this technology from such heavyweights as Apple, Motorola, Palm, HP and now Belkin, we can only see this technology getting better as time moves on.
- Wed,9:36 PM
- Apple Reportedly Building Chinese Sapphire Plant with Foxconn
- 8:40 PM
- ACM 282: The Steampunk, Sapphire, and Apple Watch Episode
- 7:46 PM
- Melissa Holt on MacJury’s Holiday Gift Guide 2
- 4:42 PM
- Steampunk USB Flash Drives with Motorized Gears - Really!
- 4:05 PM
- Black Friday 2014: The Best Mac Deals
- 3:10 PM
- iOS 8: Control Which Apps Can Access Your Private Data
- 2:50 PM
- The Name Your Own Price Must-Have Mac Bundle
- 1:36 PM
- TMO Daily Observations: 2014-11-26
- 10:46 AM
- 5 iPhone Apps to Cut Your Thanksgivings Stress
- 8:50 AM
- iOS 8 and OS X Yosemite: Naming Group Conversations in Messages
- Tue,9:01 PM
- BuzzFeed Uses Apple Watches to Incentivise Staff
- 8:14 PM
- The SKEYE Nano Drone Quadcopter: $34.99