Belkin Adds To The Invasion Of Bluetooth Adapters
From The Expo Floor - Belkin Adds To The Invasion Of Bluetooth Adapters
by , 1:45 PM EDT, July 19th, 2002
Bluetooth technology looks like it is finally coming of age. We should know, since we were using a D-Link Bluetooth adapter and a Motorola Timeport 270c phone to connect to the Internet and bring you live Keynote coverage.
Unfortunately, unless you were one of the first to order this adapter, you may have had trouble getting one, since the Apple Store has been listing it as "temporarily unavailable" for the last couple of months. Fortunately, Belkin recently entered the Bluetooth space, with the announcement of several Bluetooth adapters last month. One of them is USB-based, and was shown running on a Mac at this week's MACWORLD Expo.
Unlike the D-Link unit, the Belkin unit is a little larger, has more visible indicator lights, and a movable antenna. Although originally slated to ship in July, Belkin has updated their ship date for this product to August, and it will retail for US$69.99.
The Mac Observer Spin:It looks like this will be The Year of Bluetooth. Now that we are seeing support for this technology from such heavyweights as Apple, Motorola, Palm, HP and now Belkin, we can only see this technology getting better as time moves on.
- Mon,12:40 PM
- Three Ways to Protect your Apple Watch (and One Way Not To)
- Mon,10:42 PM
- Google Brings Higher Resolution Satellite Imagery to Google Earth and Maps
- 9:10 PM
- Google Bloks Will Offer Kids Hands-On, Collaborative Programming Concepts
- 8:44 PM
- PRE-SALE: The Complete iOS 10 Developer Course at $29
- 5:15 PM
- Game Foul: Ford Dealership Steals Firewatch Art
- 5:04 PM
- TMO Background Mode: Interview With Symply Co-founder and President Alex Grossman
- 3:20 PM
- iPhone 7 Sans Headphone Jack: The Debate Continues
- 1:58 PM
- TMO Daily Observations 2016-06-27: AAPL, Brexit, Google Blocks
- 11:58 AM
- Google Ready to Try Apple’s Tactics with New Smartphone
- 9:33 AM
- Apple gets its Rainbow on for SF Pride Parade
- Sun,12:18 PM
- MGG 611: Troubleshoot & Resolve Your Mac & Apple Issues
- Fri,7:00 PM
- Apple Kills the Thunderbolt Display - Will the Mac Pro Be Next?