Belkin Adds To The Invasion Of Bluetooth Adapters
From The Expo Floor - Belkin Adds To The Invasion Of Bluetooth Adapters
by , 1:45 PM EDT, July 19th, 2002
Bluetooth technology looks like it is finally coming of age. We should know, since we were using a D-Link Bluetooth adapter and a Motorola Timeport 270c phone to connect to the Internet and bring you live Keynote coverage.
Unfortunately, unless you were one of the first to order this adapter, you may have had trouble getting one, since the Apple Store has been listing it as "temporarily unavailable" for the last couple of months. Fortunately, Belkin recently entered the Bluetooth space, with the announcement of several Bluetooth adapters last month. One of them is USB-based, and was shown running on a Mac at this week's MACWORLD Expo.
Unlike the D-Link unit, the Belkin unit is a little larger, has more visible indicator lights, and a movable antenna. Although originally slated to ship in July, Belkin has updated their ship date for this product to August, and it will retail for US$69.99.
The Mac Observer Spin:It looks like this will be The Year of Bluetooth. Now that we are seeing support for this technology from such heavyweights as Apple, Motorola, Palm, HP and now Belkin, we can only see this technology getting better as time moves on.
- Mon,12:40 PM
- Three Ways to Protect your Apple Watch (and One Way Not To)
- Fri,7:07 PM
- Apple’s First Scripted Series will Star Dr. Dre
- 7:07 PM
- Adobe Creative Cloud Bug Deletes Files Without Permission
- 6:00 PM
- AT&T Says it’s 5G Network will be 100x Faster than LTE
- 5:01 PM
- My Classic Hard Disks Are Spinning Right into the Graveyard
- 4:54 PM
- Bumprz 2: Minimalist Protection for iPhone on Kickstarter
- 4:51 PM
- MGG 592: Taming Wi-Fi Chaos
- 1:45 PM
- OK Go’s Parabolic Flight Video for ‘Upside Down & Inside Out’
- 1:35 PM
- TMO Daily Observations 2016-02-12: 5G Wireless Speed Tests, Apple’s Growing Patent Infringement Mess
- 1:31 PM
- Xtra Drive Lightning Flash Drive with 16GB Micro SD Card: $71.99
- 12:55 PM
- How to Fix the ‘You Are Not Signed into Apple Music’ Error
- 10:38 AM
- Immersion Sues Apple, AT&T Over Haptic Feedback Patents