Belkin Adds To The Invasion Of Bluetooth Adapters
From The Expo Floor - Belkin Adds To The Invasion Of Bluetooth Adapters
by , 1:45 PM EDT, July 19th, 2002
Bluetooth technology looks like it is finally coming of age. We should know, since we were using a D-Link Bluetooth adapter and a Motorola Timeport 270c phone to connect to the Internet and bring you live Keynote coverage.
Unfortunately, unless you were one of the first to order this adapter, you may have had trouble getting one, since the Apple Store has been listing it as "temporarily unavailable" for the last couple of months. Fortunately, Belkin recently entered the Bluetooth space, with the announcement of several Bluetooth adapters last month. One of them is USB-based, and was shown running on a Mac at this week's MACWORLD Expo.
Unlike the D-Link unit, the Belkin unit is a little larger, has more visible indicator lights, and a movable antenna. Although originally slated to ship in July, Belkin has updated their ship date for this product to August, and it will retail for US$69.99.
The Mac Observer Spin:It looks like this will be The Year of Bluetooth. Now that we are seeing support for this technology from such heavyweights as Apple, Motorola, Palm, HP and now Belkin, we can only see this technology getting better as time moves on.
- Sun,12:25 PM
- MGG 568: Running Your Mac Safe & Lean
- Fri,7:45 PM
- Back from the Dead: Using Apple’s Abandoned Safari for Windows Today
- 7:00 PM
- Keychain 101: Getting Started with Apple’s Password Manager
- 5:15 PM
- An iPhone 6s That Can Record 4K Video Means a 4K Apple TV
- 4:53 PM
- Drive Genius 4: $49.99
- 4:33 PM
- Losing Ian Rogers Sucks for Apple and the Music Industry
- 3:10 PM
- Google Instructs Advertisers on How to Bypass Apple Security - But There’s More
- 2:40 PM
- How to Lock the Dock Size, Position, and Contents in OS X
- 1:33 PM
- Satisfy Your Growing Storage Needs with a 5TB External Drive for $130
- 1:24 PM
- TMO Daily Observations 2015-08-28: Apple’s in-store iPod, um, Shuffle
- 11:45 AM
- How To Use Your iPhone’s Barometer to Crowdsource Weather
- 11:30 AM
- Apple Watch is Gaining on Fitbit, but that Doesn’t Mean Fitbit is Screwed