GameRanger Announces OS X Support
MWNY - GameRanger Announces OS X Support
by , 3:30 PM EDT, July 18th, 2001
GameRanger, the service for gaming online, has announced that they will add OS X support by the end of August. Designed to take advantage of Apple's latest operating system, GameRanger will provide access to networked games for OS X as they become available. According to GameRanger:
Scott Kevill, president, GameRanger Technologies, today announced full Mac OS X support for the leading Macintosh multiplayer online gaming service, GameRanger, would debut by the end of August.
GameRanger for Mac OS X, now in final development, has been completely re designed to take full advantage of the power, simplicity and elegance of Apple's next generation operating system, Mac OS X. The application allows game players to find other users for gameplay and features interactive chat and more.
GameRanger provides hours of entertainment for interactive game players around the world, supporting online multiplayer gameplay for over 80 game titles, including Age of Empires, Baldur's Gate II, Elite Force, Majesty, Monopoly, Quake III Team Arena, Risk II, Rogue Spear, Scrabble, Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 2, and Vampire - The Masquerade.
To build excitement and educate the gaming community about the GameRanger for Mac OS X, a new web-site for was launched at GameRanger.com where more information is available.
Kevill stated, "One of the priorities of the new Mac OS X version was to improve the user-interface to make it as easy as possible for new members to get acquainted with GameRanger, while at the same time, supplying more power to the hard-core gamers." As well as the beautiful Aqua interface, part of this design includes a new visual game list and resizable sections that all members will love.
Compatibility was also important with more games than ever playable on GameRanger, including even more of the old favorites, and continuing to simultaneously support Mac OS 8 and 9.
You can find more information about all of their services at the GameRanger Web site.
The Mac Observer Spin:While there are not a ton of OS X games yet, it is good to know that when they are released there will be access to online competition through GameRanger. And if any of you saw the WarCraft III demo during today's keynote, you are probably as psyched for that as we are.
- Mon,7:13 PM
- ifoAppleStore Calls it Quits, ‘My Work Is Done’
- 6:46 PM
- Apple Will Announce Q2 Earnings April 27th
- 6:01 PM
- Tesla Will Announce New Product Line April 30th - Not a Car
- 5:45 PM
- What to Expect from the Core M Processor in the New MacBook
- 4:12 PM
- Last Chance To Save 77% On The Wireless Bluetooth Cloud Buds
- 1:38 PM
- TMO Daily Observations 2015-03-30: Tim Cook and Indiana’s Religious Freedom Restoration Act Law
- 10:41 AM
- In-store Apple Watch Purchases will Require Appointments
- 9:29 AM
- Tim Cook Blasts Indiana Discrimination Law, and it’s the Right thing to Do
- Sun,12:13 PM
- MGG 546: Calendars, Flaky Connections and NAS Backups
- Sat,10:30 AM
- How to Create Light Trails Photographs with Your iPhone
- Fri,7:50 PM
- How to Update Any Icon on Your Mac
- 7:25 PM
- Steve Wozniak: Apple Watch Edition Won’t Move the World Forward