realMYST Goes Beta
Mac Gaming News - realMYST Goes Beta
by , 4:45 PM EST, February 8th, 2002
MacPlay has announced that realMYST, the latest addition in the MYST franchise, has achieved beta status for the Mac. The company also says the game should be shipping in March. From MacPlay:
MacPlay, a subsidiary of United Developers, announced today that the Mac conversion of Ubi Soft's realMYST®, the highly anticipated realtime 3D adventure, has reached beta and is scheduled to begin shipping to retail in early March.
realMYST uses a state-of-the-art real-time 3D graphics engine to present Myst® as it was originally intended: a tale of mystery and intrigue, set in an immersive, dynamic world. Wide-open game play allows players to walk and look anywhere they choose in real-time with 360 degrees of freedom. Witness extraordinary 3D effects as day changes into night and weather changes from brilliant sun to dreary rain, creating an entirely new game experience.
You can find more information on realMYST at MacPlay's Wen site. The company is accepting pre-orders on the game for US$29.99, including free shipping in the US.
The Mac Observer Spin:It's another cool game for the Mac from the folks at MacPlay. Must be Friday...
- Fri,3:10 PM
- Star Wars: The Force Awakens Trailer on iTunes
- 1:18 PM
- Apple Black Friday Deals Include Gift Cards for Macs, iPhones, More
- Thu,8:00 AM
- Happy Thanksgiving from The Mac Observer!
- Wed,9:36 PM
- Apple Reportedly Building Chinese Sapphire Plant with Foxconn
- 8:40 PM
- ACM 282: The Steampunk, Sapphire, and Apple Watch Episode
- 7:46 PM
- Melissa Holt on MacJury’s Holiday Gift Guide 2
- 4:42 PM
- Steampunk USB Flash Drives with Motorized Gears - Really!
- 4:05 PM
- Black Friday 2014: The Best Mac Deals
- 3:10 PM
- iOS 8: Control Which Apps Can Access Your Private Data
- 2:50 PM
- The Name Your Own Price Must-Have Mac Bundle
- 1:36 PM
- TMO Daily Observations: 2014-11-26
- 10:46 AM
- 5 iPhone Apps to Cut Your Thanksgivings Stress