realMYST Goes Beta
Mac Gaming News - realMYST Goes Beta
by , 4:45 PM EST, February 8th, 2002
MacPlay has announced that realMYST, the latest addition in the MYST franchise, has achieved beta status for the Mac. The company also says the game should be shipping in March. From MacPlay:
MacPlay, a subsidiary of United Developers, announced today that the Mac conversion of Ubi Soft's realMYST®, the highly anticipated realtime 3D adventure, has reached beta and is scheduled to begin shipping to retail in early March.
realMYST uses a state-of-the-art real-time 3D graphics engine to present Myst® as it was originally intended: a tale of mystery and intrigue, set in an immersive, dynamic world. Wide-open game play allows players to walk and look anywhere they choose in real-time with 360 degrees of freedom. Witness extraordinary 3D effects as day changes into night and weather changes from brilliant sun to dreary rain, creating an entirely new game experience.
You can find more information on realMYST at MacPlay's Wen site. The company is accepting pre-orders on the game for US$29.99, including free shipping in the US.
The Mac Observer Spin:It's another cool game for the Mac from the folks at MacPlay. Must be Friday...
- Mon,12:40 PM
- Three Ways to Protect your Apple Watch (and One Way Not To)
- Fri,7:07 PM
- Apple’s First Scripted Series will Star Dr. Dre
- 7:07 PM
- Adobe Creative Cloud Bug Deletes Files Without Permission
- 6:00 PM
- AT&T Says it’s 5G Network will be 100x Faster than LTE
- 5:01 PM
- My Classic Hard Disks Are Spinning Right into the Graveyard
- 4:54 PM
- Bumprz 2: Minimalist Protection for iPhone on Kickstarter
- 4:51 PM
- MGG 592: Taming Wi-Fi Chaos
- 1:45 PM
- OK Go’s Parabolic Flight Video for ‘Upside Down & Inside Out’
- 1:35 PM
- TMO Daily Observations 2016-02-12: 5G Wireless Speed Tests, Apple’s Growing Patent Infringement Mess
- 1:31 PM
- Xtra Drive Lightning Flash Drive with 16GB Micro SD Card: $71.99
- 12:55 PM
- How to Fix the ‘You Are Not Signed into Apple Music’ Error
- 10:38 AM
- Immersion Sues Apple, AT&T Over Haptic Feedback Patents