The Sims 2 Gets Universal Binary
Mac Gaming News - The Sims 2 Gets Universal Binary
by , 11:55 AM EDT, April 13th, 2006
Aspyr Media on Thursday issued a free update to The Sims 2 that adds Universal Binary support, in addition to a variety of performance improvements and bug fixes. The 30MB file is available for download from MacGameFiles.
This sequel to the best-selling computer game in history greatly expands on the original's premise. Now players can follow their Sims from the cradle to the grave, choosing one of five aspirations to work toward and monitoring the characters' wants and fears. The Sims also now feature digital DNA that they pass on to their offspring, with the possibility of playing through almost limitless generations of the digital people.
The Sims 2 also offers improved house-building functions, new neighborhoods already populated by pre-made characters and the ability to import towns from Sim City 4, another EA game released for the Mac by Aspyr. Gamers can also now capture in-game footage with The Sims 2's virtual camera and use editing software, such as iMovie, to create their own stories.
The Sims 2 is rated "T" for "Teen" and sells for US$49.99. System requirements call for Mac OS X v10.3.8 or higher, a G4 or G5 1.2GHz processor, 256MB RAM, 3GB free hard drive space, a DVD drive and a 32MB video card.
- Fri,6:36 PM
- iCloud Music Library and DRM: Now with Slightly Less Disaster
- 9:38 AM
- Apple Music - Or Some Streaming Service - Needs To Steal Discovery From Napster
- 8:00 AM
- Happy U.S. Independence Day
- 1:38 AM
- Apple Posts San Francisco Pride 2015 Video
- Thu,8:51 PM
- Mpow 3-Port Intelligent Car Charger: $13.99
- 8:44 PM
- Apple Loses iBooks Antitrust Appeal in Split Decision
- 5:00 PM
- Apple Earns a Black Eye for Apple Music
- 3:04 PM
- Apple’s New Design Bosses Report to Tim Cook, not Jony Ive
- 2:01 PM
- 3 Great iPhone Cables for Travel
- 1:39 PM
- TMO Daily Observations 2015-07-02: Coping with iCloud Music Library’s Problems
- 10:58 AM
- iTunes 12.2 and iCloud Music Library: A Disaster for Your Music Collection
- 8:59 AM
- How To Add Nickname, Photo to Apple Music Profile