The Sims 2 Gets Universal Binary
Mac Gaming News - The Sims 2 Gets Universal Binary
by , 11:55 AM EDT, April 13th, 2006
Aspyr Media on Thursday issued a free update to The Sims 2 that adds Universal Binary support, in addition to a variety of performance improvements and bug fixes. The 30MB file is available for download from MacGameFiles.
This sequel to the best-selling computer game in history greatly expands on the original's premise. Now players can follow their Sims from the cradle to the grave, choosing one of five aspirations to work toward and monitoring the characters' wants and fears. The Sims also now feature digital DNA that they pass on to their offspring, with the possibility of playing through almost limitless generations of the digital people.
The Sims 2 also offers improved house-building functions, new neighborhoods already populated by pre-made characters and the ability to import towns from Sim City 4, another EA game released for the Mac by Aspyr. Gamers can also now capture in-game footage with The Sims 2's virtual camera and use editing software, such as iMovie, to create their own stories.
The Sims 2 is rated "T" for "Teen" and sells for US$49.99. System requirements call for Mac OS X v10.3.8 or higher, a G4 or G5 1.2GHz processor, 256MB RAM, 3GB free hard drive space, a DVD drive and a 32MB video card.
- Tue,4:35 PM
- Apple Posts Record June Quarter and 20% EPS Growth [Update]
- 3:27 PM
- MacSparky Field Guide: Presentations Released
- 2:37 PM
- Universal Car Mount w/360 Degree Adjustable Fit for $14
- 2:21 PM
- Petition Demands Samsung Improve Factory Conditions, 40K Signatures
- 1:33 PM
- TMO Daily Observations: 2014-07-22
- 11:16 AM
- Samsung’s Ad Message: It’s Time for New Marketing Tactics
- 10:18 AM
- AAPL Q3 2014 Earnings Report Set for Tuesday Afternoon
- 9:50 AM
- Netflix Adds Post-Play Feature to Apple TV
- 12:36 AM
- ‘Stickers’ Apple Commercial Highlights User Love for MacBook Air
- Mon,8:57 PM
- Apple Fixes MacBook Air (Mid 2011) Sleep Issue with Firmware Update
- 8:44 PM
- Apple Reportedly Orders 70-80 Million Large Screen iPhones for Q4
- 7:47 PM
- Five Third Party Extensions Announced for iOS 8