The Sims 2 Gets Universal Binary
Mac Gaming News - The Sims 2 Gets Universal Binary
by , 11:55 AM EDT, April 13th, 2006
Aspyr Media on Thursday issued a free update to The Sims 2 that adds Universal Binary support, in addition to a variety of performance improvements and bug fixes. The 30MB file is available for download from MacGameFiles.
This sequel to the best-selling computer game in history greatly expands on the original's premise. Now players can follow their Sims from the cradle to the grave, choosing one of five aspirations to work toward and monitoring the characters' wants and fears. The Sims also now feature digital DNA that they pass on to their offspring, with the possibility of playing through almost limitless generations of the digital people.
The Sims 2 also offers improved house-building functions, new neighborhoods already populated by pre-made characters and the ability to import towns from Sim City 4, another EA game released for the Mac by Aspyr. Gamers can also now capture in-game footage with The Sims 2's virtual camera and use editing software, such as iMovie, to create their own stories.
The Sims 2 is rated "T" for "Teen" and sells for US$49.99. System requirements call for Mac OS X v10.3.8 or higher, a G4 or G5 1.2GHz processor, 256MB RAM, 3GB free hard drive space, a DVD drive and a 32MB video card.
- Mon,5:02 PM
- Apple Posts a Record September Quarter - $42.1 Billion Revenue, $8.5 Billion Earnings
- 4:45 PM
- How-to Set Up Apple Pay
- 1:32 PM
- TMO Daily Observations: 2014-10-20
- 1:19 PM
- Apple Releases iOS 8.1 With Apple Pay, iCloud Photo Library, Camera Roll, More
- 11:49 AM
- Spotify Announces Family Plans
- 9:59 AM
- Apple To Release iOS 8.1 Update Today, Here’s How To Get Ready
- 9:02 AM
- Dropbox Releases iOS Update 3.5, Includes Touch ID
- Sun,11:54 AM
- MGG 524: Cool Stuff Found & Yosemite Notes
- Sat,10:30 AM
- 3 More Tips for Making Better Slide Show Presentations in Apple’s Keynote
- Fri,5:50 PM
- Eek! How Did I Ever Live With an iPhone 5s?
- 5:15 PM
- Apple Posts Full Video for October Media Event
- 4:15 PM
- Sales Prospects for Apple’s iPad Air 2 Look Good