Aspyr Ships Quake 4
Mac Gaming News - Aspyr Ships Quake 4
by , 12:00 PM EDT, April 14th, 2006
Aspyr Media on Friday announced that it is now shipping its new first-person shooter Quake 4, which is a Universal Binary. The game picks up where Quake II left off (Quake III Arena was focused on online multiplayer action), placing gamers in the role of Matthew Kane, who fights the Strogg on their home planet. Quake 4 runs on the Doom 3 engine.
Pricing is US$49.99. Quake 4 requires Mac OS X v10.3.9, a G4, G5 or Intel 1.67GHz processor, 512MB RAM, 3GB hard drive space, 64MB Video RAM, and a DVD drive. Aspyr recommends Mac OS X v10.4.4, a G5 or Intel 2GHz processor, and 128MB Video RAM. A broadband connection is required for online play, but the game unfortunately doesn't support GameSpy, which helps players easily find servers to join.
- Fri,3:10 PM
- Star Wars: The Force Awakens Trailer on iTunes
- 1:18 PM
- Apple Black Friday Deals Include Gift Cards for Macs, iPhones, More
- Thu,8:00 AM
- Happy Thanksgiving from The Mac Observer!
- Wed,9:36 PM
- Apple Reportedly Building Chinese Sapphire Plant with Foxconn
- 8:40 PM
- ACM 282: The Steampunk, Sapphire, and Apple Watch Episode
- 7:46 PM
- Melissa Holt on MacJury’s Holiday Gift Guide 2
- 4:42 PM
- Steampunk USB Flash Drives with Motorized Gears - Really!
- 4:05 PM
- Black Friday 2014: The Best Mac Deals
- 3:10 PM
- iOS 8: Control Which Apps Can Access Your Private Data
- 2:50 PM
- The Name Your Own Price Must-Have Mac Bundle
- 1:36 PM
- TMO Daily Observations: 2014-11-26
- 10:46 AM
- 5 iPhone Apps to Cut Your Thanksgivings Stress