Aspyr: Civ IV Ready for Preorder; Call of Duty 2 Trailer Released
Mac Gaming News - Aspyr: Civ IV Ready for Preorder; Call of Duty 2 Trailer Released
by , 12:05 PM EDT, May 5th, 2006
Aspyr Media on Friday announced that Sid Meier's Civilization IV, which it will publish next month, is now available for preorder. In addition, the company released a Mac trailer for Call of Duty 2, which it will release later this month.
Civilization IV improves on its predecessors with revamped gameplay, a revised interface that's more accessible to players who are new to the series, a flexible tech tree, a 3D world, new civics options, seven unlockable religions, the ability to create teams when playing solo or engaging in a multiplayer match, mods and community tools, and more.
Pricing will be US$49.99. System requirements have not been released yet, although it will definitely be a Universal Binary.
Aspyr's Call of Duty 2 trailer is available on Apple's Web site. The World War II game features a new gameplay engine full of more aware AI-controlled soldiers and more realistic graphics. It also offers an online multiplayer component as well as the ability to take on combat missions in any order. Luckily, developer Infinity Ward doesn't use GameSpy for its titles, so there's nothing stopping Mac gamers from taking on their PC counterparts over the Internet.
Call of Duty 2, which is a Universal Binary, sells for US$49.99.
Minimum System Requirements
- Mac OS X 10.3.9
- 1.8 GHz PowerPC G5, or an Intel-based Mac
- 512MB RAM
- 4GB free disk space
- NVIDIA GeForce FX 5200 or ATI Radeon 9600 with at least 64MB VRAM
Recommended System Requirements
- Mac OS X 10.4.5 or higher
- 2.0GHz PowerPC G5 or an Intel-based Mac
- 1GB RAM
- 128MB VRAM
Aspyr's list of supported video cards includes the NVIDIA GeForce 5200, 6600, 6800, 7800, and ATI Radeon 9600, 9650, 9700, 9800, X600, X800, X850, and X1600 cards.
- Mon,12:40 PM
- Three Ways to Protect your Apple Watch (and One Way Not To)
- Fri,6:51 PM
- Moxiware’s Apple Pencil Magnet: $16.95
- 6:03 PM
- Get Free Bitcoins with 32 Faucets that Really Pay [Update]
- 5:33 PM
- How to Use AirDrop, No WiFi Network Required
- 4:57 PM
- Nomad Stand for Apple Watch: $33.95
- 3:30 PM
- Apple is Doomed, Soaring - Apple is Stupid, Brilliant - Which is it?
- 1:13 PM
- TMO Daily Observations 2016-05-06: Apple’s Online Retail Experience, Listener Comments
- 10:33 AM
- Apple Music gets 50% Student Discount
- 9:15 AM
- OS X: Figuring Out Forgotten Passwords
- Thu,6:24 PM
- Apple Watch iMessage Canned Responses Are Automatically Multilingual
- 5:50 PM
- How to Save Money on Subscriptions to Netflix, Pandora, and Other Services
- 5:18 PM
- AluPen Digital Fine-Point Stylus: $34.95