Aspyr to Ship Call of Duty 2 Next Week
Mac Gaming News - Aspyr to Ship Call of Duty 2 Next Week
by , 1:20 PM EDT, May 19th, 2006
Aspyr Media on Friday announced that Call of Duty 2 has reached gold master status and will ship "over the next couple of days," according to a press release. The sequel, which The Mac Observer previewed last Friday, features a new gameplay engine full of more aware AI-controlled soldiers and more realistic graphics. It also offers an online multiplayer component as well as the ability to take on combat missions in any order.
Luckily, developer Infinity Ward doesn't use GameSpy for its titles, so there's nothing stopping Mac gamers from taking on their PC counterparts over the Internet. "Infinity Ward uses their own master server technology, so no portability problems," Aspyr director of development Glenda Adams told The Mac Observer.
Call of Duty 2, which is a Universal Binary, sells for US$49.99.
Minimum System Requirements
- Mac OS X 10.3.9
- 1.8 GHz PowerPC G5, or an Intel-based Mac
- 512MB RAM
- 4GB free disk space
- NVIDIA GeForce FX 5200 or ATI Radeon 9600 with at least 64MB VRAM
Recommended System Requirements
- Mac OS X 10.4.5 or higher
- 2.0GHz PowerPC G5 or an Intel-based Mac
- 1GB RAM
- 128MB VRAM
Aspyr's list of supported video cards includes the NVIDIA GeForce 5200, 6600, 6800, 7800, and ATI Radeon 9600, 9650, 9700, 9800, X600, X800, X850, and X1600 cards.
- Thu,8:00 AM
- Happy Thanksgiving from The Mac Observer!
- Wed,9:36 PM
- Apple Reportedly Building Chinese Sapphire Plant with Foxconn
- 8:40 PM
- ACM 282: The Steampunk, Sapphire, and Apple Watch Episode
- 7:46 PM
- Melissa Holt on MacJury’s Holiday Gift Guide 2
- 4:42 PM
- Steampunk USB Flash Drives with Motorized Gears - Really!
- 4:05 PM
- Black Friday 2014: The Best Mac Deals
- 3:10 PM
- iOS 8: Control Which Apps Can Access Your Private Data
- 2:50 PM
- The Name Your Own Price Must-Have Mac Bundle
- 1:36 PM
- TMO Daily Observations: 2014-11-26
- 10:46 AM
- 5 iPhone Apps to Cut Your Thanksgivings Stress
- 8:50 AM
- iOS 8 and OS X Yosemite: Naming Group Conversations in Messages
- Tue,9:01 PM
- BuzzFeed Uses Apple Watches to Incentivise Staff