Civilization III: Complete Gets Universal Binary, Other Changes
Mac Gaming News - Civilization III: Complete Gets Universal Binary, Other Changes
by , 12:45 PM EDT, August 30th, 2006
Aspyr Media on Wednesday released a patch for Civilization III: Complete that makes the turn-based strategy game a Universal Binary and offers other fixes and performance improvements. This update also applies to Play the World applications.
Fixes in the game, as related by Aspyr:
- Fixes error "Load Error: Error Reading file: Missing Entry in: Game Data\text\PediaIcons.txt"
- Fixes instances where game would sometimes fail when completing research, giving an error about missing Civilopedia entries or other strange behavior.
- Fixed sporadic crashes when music cues were being stopped.
- Music stuttering should be greatly reduced.
- Custom scenarios (such as the SGOTM at civfanatics.com) are now properly found if placed in "~/Documents/Civilization 3 Complete/Scenarios" (searched first) or "Conquests Game Data/Scenarios" (searched second)
- Saved files are now compressed. (Autosave files are never compressed, which is the same as the PC version.)
- When playing fullscreen (as opposed to a window), you may now temporarily leave the game by using either Cmd-H (OSX's hide command) or Cmd-Tab. Clicking on the game icon in the dock (or using Cmd-Tab again) will return you back to where you were.
- Compatibility fixes for several third-party mods. In particular, the "Rhye's of Civilization" mod now works. As a side effect, network games will not work with previous versions.
Civilization III was originally published for the Mac by MacSoft, who let their license for the game lapse. Aspyr picked it up and added the Conquests and Play the World expansions for the Civilization III: Complete package.
- Sat,7:27 PM
- Fun Rant about Those Who Claim Apple is the Copier
- 12:27 PM
- How to Make Your iPhone 6 Work with Your AT&T MicroCell
- Fri,7:51 PM
- iOS 8 App Store Bundles Explained
- 7:23 PM
- WSJ Lines Up Tim Cook to Kick Off Inaugural WSJDLive Conference
- 5:42 PM
- Learn Apple’s New Swift Programming Language for $19
- 5:00 PM
- Apple iPhone 6 Plus - the Word That Shall Not be Spoken: Phablet
- 1:44 PM
- TMO Daily Observations: 2014-09-19
- 11:20 AM
- Launch Day Survey Says iPhone 6 Plus is the Go-to Choice
- 10:35 AM
- AT&T’s Next Plan May be the Cheapest Way to Buy an iPhone, Despite the Hype
- 6:40 AM
- iOS 8: How to Change Safari’s Default Search Provider to DuckDuckGo
- 2:45 AM
- First iPhone 6 Sold in Perth Dropped by Kid During TV Interview
- Thu,10:22 PM
- Dragon Dictate for Mac 4: $99.95