Civilization III: Complete Gets Universal Binary, Other Changes
Mac Gaming News - Civilization III: Complete Gets Universal Binary, Other Changes
by , 12:45 PM EDT, August 30th, 2006
Aspyr Media on Wednesday released a patch for Civilization III: Complete that makes the turn-based strategy game a Universal Binary and offers other fixes and performance improvements. This update also applies to Play the World applications.
Fixes in the game, as related by Aspyr:
- Fixes error "Load Error: Error Reading file: Missing Entry in: Game Data\text\PediaIcons.txt"
- Fixes instances where game would sometimes fail when completing research, giving an error about missing Civilopedia entries or other strange behavior.
- Fixed sporadic crashes when music cues were being stopped.
- Music stuttering should be greatly reduced.
- Custom scenarios (such as the SGOTM at civfanatics.com) are now properly found if placed in "~/Documents/Civilization 3 Complete/Scenarios" (searched first) or "Conquests Game Data/Scenarios" (searched second)
- Saved files are now compressed. (Autosave files are never compressed, which is the same as the PC version.)
- When playing fullscreen (as opposed to a window), you may now temporarily leave the game by using either Cmd-H (OSX's hide command) or Cmd-Tab. Clicking on the game icon in the dock (or using Cmd-Tab again) will return you back to where you were.
- Compatibility fixes for several third-party mods. In particular, the "Rhye's of Civilization" mod now works. As a side effect, network games will not work with previous versions.
Civilization III was originally published for the Mac by MacSoft, who let their license for the game lapse. Aspyr picked it up and added the Conquests and Play the World expansions for the Civilization III: Complete package.
- Fri,9:38 AM
- Apple Music - Or Some Streaming Service - Needs To Steal Discovery From Napster
- 8:00 AM
- Happy U.S. Independence Day
- 1:38 AM
- Apple Posts San Francisco Pride 2015 Video
- Thu,8:51 PM
- Mpow 3-Port Intelligent Car Charger: $13.99
- 8:44 PM
- Apple Loses iBooks Antitrust Appeal in Split Decision
- 5:00 PM
- Apple Earns a Black Eye for Apple Music
- 3:04 PM
- Apple’s New Design Bosses Report to Tim Cook, not Jony Ive
- 2:01 PM
- 3 Great iPhone Cables for Travel
- 1:39 PM
- TMO Daily Observations 2015-07-02: Coping with iCloud Music Library’s Problems
- 10:58 AM
- iTunes 12.2 and iCloud Music Library: A Disaster for Your Music Collection
- 8:59 AM
- How To Add Nickname, Photo to Apple Music Profile
- Wed,9:40 PM
- ACM 313: Apple Music First Impressions, Steve Jobs Movie Trailer