Civilization III: Complete Gets Universal Binary, Other Changes
Mac Gaming News - Civilization III: Complete Gets Universal Binary, Other Changes
by , 12:45 PM EDT, August 30th, 2006
Aspyr Media on Wednesday released a patch for Civilization III: Complete that makes the turn-based strategy game a Universal Binary and offers other fixes and performance improvements. This update also applies to Play the World applications.
Fixes in the game, as related by Aspyr:
- Fixes error "Load Error: Error Reading file: Missing Entry in: Game Data\text\PediaIcons.txt"
- Fixes instances where game would sometimes fail when completing research, giving an error about missing Civilopedia entries or other strange behavior.
- Fixed sporadic crashes when music cues were being stopped.
- Music stuttering should be greatly reduced.
- Custom scenarios (such as the SGOTM at civfanatics.com) are now properly found if placed in "~/Documents/Civilization 3 Complete/Scenarios" (searched first) or "Conquests Game Data/Scenarios" (searched second)
- Saved files are now compressed. (Autosave files are never compressed, which is the same as the PC version.)
- When playing fullscreen (as opposed to a window), you may now temporarily leave the game by using either Cmd-H (OSX's hide command) or Cmd-Tab. Clicking on the game icon in the dock (or using Cmd-Tab again) will return you back to where you were.
- Compatibility fixes for several third-party mods. In particular, the "Rhye's of Civilization" mod now works. As a side effect, network games will not work with previous versions.
Civilization III was originally published for the Mac by MacSoft, who let their license for the game lapse. Aspyr picked it up and added the Conquests and Play the World expansions for the Civilization III: Complete package.
- Wed,3:10 PM
- How to Deauthorize All Devices in iTunes 12
- Fri,3:29 PM
- Blur Premium Privacy Protection Lifetime Subscription: $49.99
- 2:55 PM
- Apple May Finally Be Ready to Reinvigorate the iPad
- 2:39 PM
- Google Study Finds ‘Security Questions’ Next to Useless
- 1:08 PM
- TMO Daily Observations 2015-05-22: Fingerprints to Google and Apple Watch Heartrate Monitoring
- 11:16 AM
- Apple Watch OS Update Reduces Background Heart Rate Monitoring Frequency
- 10:10 AM
- Apple’s App Store Needs Cold Storage
- 8:30 AM
- Apple Watch: Three Tips on Contacting Your Pals
- Thu,5:44 PM
- Promotional Apple II Video with Steve Jobs, Steve Wozniak, Byte Shop
- 4:47 PM
- Google Reportedly Plans to Fingerprint ID to Android M
- 4:09 PM
- The Pick Your Own Apple Toy Giveaway
- 3:55 PM
- Three Easy Ways to Get Started With Home Automation