EA Mac Games Still MIA
Mac Gaming News - EA Mac Games Still MIA
by , 1:20 PM EDT, August 15th, 2007
Electronic Arts promised at Apple's World Wide Developer Conference earlier this year that it was bringing several games to the Mac. So far, however, that hasn't happened, and the promised Madden NFL 08 launched on Tuesday for pretty much every platform except Mac OS X, according to vnunet.com.
Originally, EA planned on releasing several games in July including Command & Conquer 3, Battlefield 2142, Need for Speed, and Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix with Mac-compatible versions. So far, none have surfaced for the Mac.
Since EA CEO Bing Gordon made the announcement himself that the games are coming to the Mac, it seems unlikely that his company would renege on that promise. Most likely, unexpected technical issues have prevented the releases even though the games will rely on the Cider engine that removes the need to re-code Windows games to play on the Mac.
Mac users, however, aren't pleased with the delays and the lack of information from EA. Until Electronic Arts or Apple offers more information about the games, Mac users will be stuck waiting.
- Mon,12:40 PM
- Three Ways to Protect your Apple Watch (and One Way Not To)
- Wed,4:40 PM
- ACM 361: Purism, Privacy, Apple, and Surveillance Capitalism
- 4:37 PM
- iOS Coding Mastery Bundle: $39
- 3:58 PM
- Apple Can’t Keep a Secret
- 2:05 PM
- Apple’s Penchant for Privacy Makes Siri ‘Speaker’ Hard, but That’s Why We’ll Want It
- 1:33 PM
- TMO Daily Observations 2016-05-25: Apple Hires Jon Callas, Microsoft’s Smartphone Failure
- 10:19 AM
- Microsoft Cuts more Smartphone Jobs, Hopes for Enterprise Success
- Tue,7:41 PM
- Bad News, FBI: Apple Hires Security Pro Jon Callas
- 5:30 PM
- How Apple Got Ready For an iPhone With an OLED Display
- 5:09 PM
- Writing the ‘Apple Music Letter’ Was Taylor Swift’s Bravest Thing She’s Done
- 4:46 PM
- ZeroLemon 64GB iMemStick: $79.99
- 1:31 PM
- TMO Daily Observations 2016-05-24: New MacBook Pros this Fall, Spotify’s New Pricing