EA Mac Games Still MIA
Mac Gaming News - EA Mac Games Still MIA
by , 1:20 PM EDT, August 15th, 2007
Electronic Arts promised at Apple's World Wide Developer Conference earlier this year that it was bringing several games to the Mac. So far, however, that hasn't happened, and the promised Madden NFL 08 launched on Tuesday for pretty much every platform except Mac OS X, according to vnunet.com.
Originally, EA planned on releasing several games in July including Command & Conquer 3, Battlefield 2142, Need for Speed, and Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix with Mac-compatible versions. So far, none have surfaced for the Mac.
Since EA CEO Bing Gordon made the announcement himself that the games are coming to the Mac, it seems unlikely that his company would renege on that promise. Most likely, unexpected technical issues have prevented the releases even though the games will rely on the Cider engine that removes the need to re-code Windows games to play on the Mac.
Mac users, however, aren't pleased with the delays and the lack of information from EA. Until Electronic Arts or Apple offers more information about the games, Mac users will be stuck waiting.
- Fri,6:00 PM
- How Apple Succeeds in an Amazon World
- 5:37 PM
- DocumentSnap’s Paperless Security Guide
- 5:32 PM
- Ultra-Durable Wired Headset with Lifetime Warranty for $16.99
- 5:25 PM
- Adobe Says Apple Dominates ‘TV Everywhere’ Viewing
- 3:10 PM
- Limited-Edition ‘Code Black’ HD-Camera Drone: $69
- 1:48 PM
- TMO Daily Observations 2015-09-03: Cleaning Up Apple Music, Listeners Comments on Apple TV Shows
- 11:52 AM
- Analyst: “Hey Siri” Media Event no Game Changer for AAPL
- 10:19 AM
- Runtastic goes Analog with Moment Fitness Tracker Watch
- 9:07 AM
- iOS 9 Beta: Sharing and Saving Voicemails
- Thu,10:05 PM
- Joy of Tech Comic Nails the Difference Between Cable Providers and Customers on Apple TV
- 6:15 PM
- Patriot Ready With a USB-C Flash Drive for Apple’s MacBook
- 5:20 PM
- Apple Committed to ‘Cleaning Up’ Apple Music