EA Mac Games Still MIA
Mac Gaming News - EA Mac Games Still MIA
by , 1:20 PM EDT, August 15th, 2007
Electronic Arts promised at Apple's World Wide Developer Conference earlier this year that it was bringing several games to the Mac. So far, however, that hasn't happened, and the promised Madden NFL 08 launched on Tuesday for pretty much every platform except Mac OS X, according to vnunet.com.
Originally, EA planned on releasing several games in July including Command & Conquer 3, Battlefield 2142, Need for Speed, and Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix with Mac-compatible versions. So far, none have surfaced for the Mac.
Since EA CEO Bing Gordon made the announcement himself that the games are coming to the Mac, it seems unlikely that his company would renege on that promise. Most likely, unexpected technical issues have prevented the releases even though the games will rely on the Cider engine that removes the need to re-code Windows games to play on the Mac.
Mac users, however, aren't pleased with the delays and the lack of information from EA. Until Electronic Arts or Apple offers more information about the games, Mac users will be stuck waiting.
- Mon,12:40 PM
- Three Ways to Protect your Apple Watch (and One Way Not To)
- Wed,5:25 PM
- ACM 358: The Devil’s Advocate, Apple Scaling, and Tim Cook’s Speeches
- 5:00 PM
- Hulu Is Going to Launch What Was Denied to Apple: A Cable-like Internet Subscription Service
- 4:53 PM
- ThinCharge iPhone 6/6s Battery Case (Black): $56.99
- 3:10 PM
- The Internet of Things is Really a Thing in Germany
- 2:47 PM
- TMO Daily Observations 2016-05-04: The Big HomeKit and Apple Smoke Detector Rant
- 9:52 AM
- FBI’s TOR, VPN-targeted Warrants Amount to Court Sanctioned Mass Surveillance
- 9:10 AM
- OS X: Turning Off Inline Mail Attachments
- Tue,9:03 PM
- Apple Snags 10% of Time’s 50 Most Influential Gadgets of All Time
- 6:29 PM
- ‘IPHONE’ Trademark Fight Illustrates Apple’s Headwinds in China
- 5:25 PM
- Drone Ballet Show at Mt. Fuji - Beautiful Performance and Music
- 5:16 PM
- Last Chance for Scrivener 2 at $22.50