EA Mac Games Still MIA
Mac Gaming News - EA Mac Games Still MIA
by , 1:20 PM EDT, August 15th, 2007
Electronic Arts promised at Apple's World Wide Developer Conference earlier this year that it was bringing several games to the Mac. So far, however, that hasn't happened, and the promised Madden NFL 08 launched on Tuesday for pretty much every platform except Mac OS X, according to vnunet.com.
Originally, EA planned on releasing several games in July including Command & Conquer 3, Battlefield 2142, Need for Speed, and Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix with Mac-compatible versions. So far, none have surfaced for the Mac.
Since EA CEO Bing Gordon made the announcement himself that the games are coming to the Mac, it seems unlikely that his company would renege on that promise. Most likely, unexpected technical issues have prevented the releases even though the games will rely on the Cider engine that removes the need to re-code Windows games to play on the Mac.
Mac users, however, aren't pleased with the delays and the lack of information from EA. Until Electronic Arts or Apple offers more information about the games, Mac users will be stuck waiting.
- Sun,12:02 PM
- MGG 564: Wave a Minty Fresh Rubber Chicken Over It
- Sat,10:30 AM
- Rachio Iro - The Smart Sprinkler Controller
- Fri,10:00 PM
- Apple Has Starring Role in New Crypto War
- 5:40 PM
- How to Create Signatures in Mail.app in iOS and OS X
- 5:00 PM
- The Reason Why No Company Can Duplicate Apple’s iPhone Appeal
- 3:40 PM
- Wondershare PDFelement for Mac and OCR Plug-In: $39.99
- 1:49 PM
- TMO Daily Observations 2015-07-31: New Apple TV Rumors, Google Defies France
- 10:42 AM
- Google Stands Up to France, Refuses Global “Right to be Forgotten” Order
- 8:56 AM
- iPhone 6 and 6 Plus: Turning Off Reachability
- Thu,6:43 PM
- New Apple TV Hardware Reportedly Coming in September
- 5:10 PM
- Middle Earth: Shadow of Mordor Released for Mac and Linux
- 4:51 PM
- Safari Offers Longer Battery Life than Chrome or Firefox