EA Mac Games Still MIA
Mac Gaming News - EA Mac Games Still MIA
by , 1:20 PM EDT, August 15th, 2007
Electronic Arts promised at Apple's World Wide Developer Conference earlier this year that it was bringing several games to the Mac. So far, however, that hasn't happened, and the promised Madden NFL 08 launched on Tuesday for pretty much every platform except Mac OS X, according to vnunet.com.
Originally, EA planned on releasing several games in July including Command & Conquer 3, Battlefield 2142, Need for Speed, and Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix with Mac-compatible versions. So far, none have surfaced for the Mac.
Since EA CEO Bing Gordon made the announcement himself that the games are coming to the Mac, it seems unlikely that his company would renege on that promise. Most likely, unexpected technical issues have prevented the releases even though the games will rely on the Cider engine that removes the need to re-code Windows games to play on the Mac.
Mac users, however, aren't pleased with the delays and the lack of information from EA. Until Electronic Arts or Apple offers more information about the games, Mac users will be stuck waiting.
- Sun,8:14 PM
- MGG 532: Blowin’ Up The Spammers!
- 7:45 PM
- Get Free Bitcoins with 52 Website Faucets that Really Pay [Update]
- Fri,5:31 PM
- Google, Samsung can’t Top Apple’s Unreleased Apple Watch
- 5:10 PM
- Report: Apple Pay is Disrupting and Transforming Mobile Payments
- 4:04 PM
- Apple Raises Prices in Russian App Store Amidst Ruble Meltdown
- 3:55 PM
- The Unexpected Ways Apple Watch Will Crush the Competition
- 2:29 PM
- 6-Ft MFi-Certified iOS Lightning and micro USB Convertible Charging Cable: $21
- 1:41 PM
- TMO Daily Observations: 2014-12-19
- 11:02 AM
- Apple CEO Tim Cook Calls BS on BBC iPhone Factory Film
- 9:11 AM
- McDonald’s Supersizes Sales with Apple’s iBeacon Tech
- Thu,8:09 PM
- BBC Films ‘Apple’s Broken Promises’ for Worker Conditions in Pegatron iPhone Factory
- 6:20 PM
- Save 96% on The World’s Largest iOS 8 + Swift eLearning Bootcamp