Microsoft Cuts Bungie's Cord
Mac Gaming News - Microsoft Cuts Bungie's Cord
by , 11:05 AM EDT, October 5th, 2007
Halo maker Bungie Studios announced on Friday that it has entered into an agreement with Microsoft to go it alone as its own company, just like the old days. Microsoft will retain a minority equity interest in the game maker, but Bungie will be free to develop for any platform it chooses.
Bungie was formed as an independent company in 1991 and gained fame for its Marathon first-person shooter series for the Mac. The company had been developing Halo for the Mac before Microsoft bought it and redirected Halo to the Xbox.
The two companies have agreed to continue collaborating on future additions to the Halo franchise.
- Tue,8:30 PM
- Class-Action Suit Against Apple for Alleged Labor Violations
- 8:04 PM
- Apple Buys 29 Companies (plus Beats) in 21 months, 5 Since March
- 6:40 PM
- Apple’s Tim Cook Says iPad Sales Behind IBM Partnership
- 6:20 PM
- Apple: iTunes is the Fastest Growing Part of Our Business
- 5:23 PM
- Apple to Shareholders: You get 47 Cents!
- 4:35 PM
- Apple Posts Record June Quarter and 20% EPS Growth [Update]
- 3:27 PM
- MacSparky Field Guide: Presentations Released
- 2:37 PM
- Universal Car Mount w/360 Degree Adjustable Fit for $14
- 2:21 PM
- Petition Demands Samsung Improve Factory Conditions, 40K Signatures
- 1:33 PM
- TMO Daily Observations: 2014-07-22
- 11:16 AM
- Samsung’s Ad Message: It’s Time for New Marketing Tactics
- 10:18 AM
- AAPL Q3 2014 Earnings Report Set for Tuesday Afternoon