Microsoft Cuts Bungie's Cord
Mac Gaming News - Microsoft Cuts Bungie's Cord
by , 11:05 AM EDT, October 5th, 2007
Halo maker Bungie Studios announced on Friday that it has entered into an agreement with Microsoft to go it alone as its own company, just like the old days. Microsoft will retain a minority equity interest in the game maker, but Bungie will be free to develop for any platform it chooses.
Bungie was formed as an independent company in 1991 and gained fame for its Marathon first-person shooter series for the Mac. The company had been developing Halo for the Mac before Microsoft bought it and redirected Halo to the Xbox.
The two companies have agreed to continue collaborating on future additions to the Halo franchise.
- Mon,2:11 PM
- TMO Daily Observations: 2014-12-22
- 12:39 PM
- Freezing Rain Encases Slovenian Mountain in Ice [PHOTOS]
- 11:34 AM
- Apple Pay goes to Disney World for Christmas
- 10:46 AM
- SNL Takes on Serial with a Holiday Flair
- 10:07 AM
- Apple Rolls Out OS X Yosemite 10.10.2 Public Beta
- 9:03 AM
- Rumor Claims 12-inch MacBook Air Production Coming in Early 2015
- Sun,8:14 PM
- MGG 532: Blowin’ Up The Spammers!
- 7:45 PM
- Get Free Bitcoins with 52 Website Faucets that Really Pay [Update]
- Fri,5:31 PM
- Google, Samsung can’t Top Apple’s Unreleased Apple Watch
- 5:10 PM
- Report: Apple Pay is Disrupting and Transforming Mobile Payments
- 4:04 PM
- Apple Raises Prices in Russian App Store Amidst Ruble Meltdown
- 3:55 PM
- The Unexpected Ways Apple Watch Will Crush the Competition