Underwater Adventure Game Aquaria Debuts on the Mac
by , 5:15 PM EST, November 13th, 2008
Ambrosia Software on Thursday shipped the Mac version of Aquaria, a 2D side-scrolling adventure game that takes place in the ocean. The game stars Naija, an undersea dweller searching to learn more about the secrets of her past as she travels through the depths of Aquaria. She encounters many powerful creatures along the way and uses her gift, The Verse, to sing combinations of musical notes that invoke offensive and defensive abilities.
Players explore dozens of areas during their quest. They can create new ones with the included level and animation editor; developer Bit Blot offers a forum where players of the Windows version have already exchanged information about many of their projects.
Aquaria for the Mac is US$30 and requires a 1.2GHz G4 processor or any Intel Mac running Mac OS X version 10.3.9 or higher.
- Fri,3:10 PM
- Star Wars: The Force Awakens Trailer on iTunes
- 1:18 PM
- Apple Black Friday Deals Include Gift Cards for Macs, iPhones, More
- Thu,8:00 AM
- Happy Thanksgiving from The Mac Observer!
- Wed,9:36 PM
- Apple Reportedly Building Chinese Sapphire Plant with Foxconn
- 8:40 PM
- ACM 282: The Steampunk, Sapphire, and Apple Watch Episode
- 7:46 PM
- Melissa Holt on MacJury’s Holiday Gift Guide 2
- 4:42 PM
- Steampunk USB Flash Drives with Motorized Gears - Really!
- 4:05 PM
- Black Friday 2014: The Best Mac Deals
- 3:10 PM
- iOS 8: Control Which Apps Can Access Your Private Data
- 2:50 PM
- The Name Your Own Price Must-Have Mac Bundle
- 1:36 PM
- TMO Daily Observations: 2014-11-26
- 10:46 AM
- 5 iPhone Apps to Cut Your Thanksgivings Stress