Underwater Adventure Game Aquaria Debuts on the Mac
by , 5:15 PM EST, November 13th, 2008
Ambrosia Software on Thursday shipped the Mac version of Aquaria, a 2D side-scrolling adventure game that takes place in the ocean. The game stars Naija, an undersea dweller searching to learn more about the secrets of her past as she travels through the depths of Aquaria. She encounters many powerful creatures along the way and uses her gift, The Verse, to sing combinations of musical notes that invoke offensive and defensive abilities.
Players explore dozens of areas during their quest. They can create new ones with the included level and animation editor; developer Bit Blot offers a forum where players of the Windows version have already exchanged information about many of their projects.
Aquaria for the Mac is US$30 and requires a 1.2GHz G4 processor or any Intel Mac running Mac OS X version 10.3.9 or higher.
- Tue,7:42 PM
- Vanity Fair Cover Spread Dedicated to Taylor Swift and Apple
- 7:33 PM
- Apple Has the Rights to Launch More Beats Stations
- 7:17 PM
- Apple’s Stock Drops 3%, Enters Correction Territory
- 5:00 PM
- OS X El Capitan’s Split View Is Just Plain Silly
- 4:49 PM
- PDFpen 7 for Mac: $37
- 1:13 PM
- TMO Daily Observations 2015-08-04: Apple’s MVNO Plans, Thunderstrike 2
- 10:14 AM
- Thunderstrike 2 Could Attack Your Mac, but not Today
- 8:57 AM
- iOS: Using Siri to Find Apps, Books, and Music
- Mon,8:41 PM
- Apple Reportedly Testing MVNO Carrier Service in U.S.
- 8:04 PM
- Apple Buys 43 Acres in San Jose, Enough to Turn Spaceship HQ into a Fleet
- 6:02 PM
- Apple’s ‘Ecosystem’ Developer Video
- 5:05 PM
- Griffin’s WatchStand for Apple Watch is Beautiful, Full of Features