John V. Holder Software announced the 5.5 update for ScrapIt Pro. ScrapItPro is a searchable and editable scrapbook with features such as password protected scrap files. The new version adds several new features. According to John V. Holder:
ScrapIt Pro will allow you to archive and retrieve anything you can copy to the clipboard, import or drag and drop; sounds, pictures, text, QuickTime movies, and lots more.... all accessible at the click of a mouse! You can print thumbnail pictures or text lists of all items in any Scrap file. You can quickly and easily search through all the text items, item names or comments in a scrap file to find what you're looking for.
New features in version 5.5:
- Added PlugIns for selected text (such as stripping unwanted characters, changing case, etc.)
- Password protected scrap files
- Can now store scrap files in folders within the ScrapIt Pro Folder and have them accessible via the Scrap Files menu hierarchically
- Added Templates Scrap file support (gives you the ability to keep often used pieces of text in one file for access from a popup menu in any other scrap file)
- Can now search all open scrap files
- File comments are now kept when importing and exporting
- Movies can now be made to fill the scrap file window
- Print margins can now be set
- Can now specify any folder to be used as the Scrap File folder
- Total file size now displayed in tool bar
- Much nicer looking gallery view
- Option-Tab now used to change focus
- Command-Delete now used to delete selected items
Use it as a mini-word or form processor and database; create or edit any text items, change fonts, style, size and color! ScrapIt Pro can play sounds or QuickTime movies; view all of a large Picture by scrolling or shrinking the image to fit in the window; select and copy portions of PICT or Text items.
Some suggested uses: Store frequently used clip-art (GIFs, JPEGs, PICTs, etc.), forms, e-mail, letterhead text or graphics or sounds. Create different files to store different categories of data - instantly accessible at the click of a mouse! Keep your favorite recipes in one file, quickly create and store notes in another... or store them all together and search by index.
ScrapIt Pro is US$20 shareware and the update is free to registered users. You can find more information at John V. Holder's Web site.