April 20th, 2000
|[9:00 AM] New AfterEffects Plugin Released
Swedish based FAN released a new AfterEffects plugin with the charming name of AFX2VPB. Its intent is to import and export Quantel VPB files. According to FAN:
AFX2VPB is a plugin for Adobe After Effects, which allows you to import and export Quantel VPB files. You can render single file sequences, and also import them again. Or you can use any FTP program to upload them to any Quantel device.
- Select Import Footage File from the menu like you would do with any other kind of file. Or "Import Footage File As" and select "Quantel VPB".
- Select the file in the filerequester. Select OK, and the file will be available in your Project window. If you want to import a numbered sequence, check the Quantel VPB Sequence box.
- Add the sequence you want to render to the Render Queue.
- Select the Output Module, and the Output Module Setting window will show up. In the Format requester select Quantel VPB Sequence.
- Select Format options and the requester to the right will show up. Fill out at least the Picture/Sequence name-field, it's the name which will show up on a Quantel device if the file is transferred to the shared disk via FTP. The other fields may be left empty. When done press OK.
- Close the Output Module Setting window by pressing OK.
- Select Output To, and select a location to store your sequence of files. This filename doesn't have to match with the Picture/Sequence name you filled out before, since it's a Windows/Mac filename. If you FTP the file to a Quantel device, the Picture/Sequence name will be shown on the shared drive and not the Windows/Macname. After Affects will render a numbered sequence.
- Press Render and off you go.
A nice feature of this plugin is that it's compatible with Adobe Photoshop as well.
AFX2VPB costs US$250. You can find more information , a demo and ordering information at FAN's site.