April 21st, 2000
|[9:30 AM] MACAST Lite Rocks On To Version 2.1
In response to the latest round of improvements to SoundJam MP, @soft has updated MACAST Lite to version 2.1. MACAST Lite provides high quality playback of MP3 files, with a streamlined interface and feature list. According to MACAST:
MACAST Lite 2.1 is a much anticipated upgrade that adds new and updated features that are made to both enhance and simplify your experience while using MACAST Lite.
New in MACAST Lite 2.1 update:
- Significant speed increase on loading and saving playlists.
- Progress bars in progress dialogs.
- Current track highlighting: MALT will "highlight" folders where current track is located.
- New repeat modes - "Repeat One" and "Repeat Folder".
- Extended demo period - now 30 days instead of 15.
- All streaming URLs are added to a convenient location in a subfolder.
- MACAST Lite intercepts opening certain file types in Finder - if you click on an mp3 even if it is not marked as MACAST Lite document, and MACAST Lite is active, it will be opened with MALT.
- Bug fixes
MACAST Lite 2.1 is 99% Carbon-ready. When MacOS X ships, we'll present you a native version of the application.
Key MACAST Lite features:
- Lightweight interface
- Internet streaming
- Customizable interface
- Low requirements
- Hierarchical playlist
- Multilingual Phrasebooks
- Plugin architecture
MACAST Lite is available for free. You can find more information at the MACAST web site.