February 14th, 2000
|[11:00 AM] CD Catalog Database Updated
Norbert M. Doerner has released CDFinder 2.7.1. CDFinder allows users to catalog various types of removable and permanent media. According to Norbert M. Doerner:
CDFinder is a very fast and powerful tool to create catalog files of your hard disks, floppies, ZIP's and anything else that spins. It has a great user interface and very useful search functions. CDFinder supports drag&drop and requires at least a 68020 or PowerPC CPU. While System 7 is required, CDFinder is also fully compatible to MacOS 9. A special feature is the multi-lingual user interface (German/French/ English/Italian/Swedish).
New features in CDFinder 2.7:
- Memory management has been completely reworked and is much more efficient.
- AppleScript support is much enhanced. A new Scripts menu allows tight integration of AppleScripts into CDFinder. Several powerful and useful sample scripts are provided.
- CDFinder now supports live scrolling of window contents. This feature requires Mac OS 8.1 or newer.
- CDFinder is now fully compatible to FileWave http://www.filewave.com/.
- CDFinder works nice with the upcoming Mac OS 9.0.2 (or how they all it today...)
- A number of smaller features and bug-fixes are included, too.
CDFinder 2.7.1 is available as shareware for US$20. This version is free to registered users of CDFinder. You can find more information at the CDFinder web site.