During MACWORLD Expo SF, MindVision Software announced a new do-it-all launcher type application, MindControl 1.0. MindControl simplifies the performance of repetitive tasks, and allows users to easily organize their desktop. In celebration of their release of MindControl, MindVision is holding a contest offering users a chance to win an iBook. According to MindVision:
MindVision Software announced MindControl 1.0, along with a contest for MindControl users, at MacWorld Expo today. MindVision will give away an iBook and other prizes in the "How I use MindControl" contest.
The latest release in a new family of consumer utilities, MindControl helps people work faster, organize important items and give the trackpad a rest.
MindControl makes it easy to open applications, documents, folders, server volumes and URLs in a few quick keystrokes. With MindControl, you spend less time navigating and more time working.
Along with saving time, MindControl saves valuable screen space. Unlike launcher utilities, MindControl stays out of the way until you need it. Until then, MindControl uses absolutely no screen real estate. Once it finishes its job, MindControl steps out of the way.
Use MindControl to quickly:
- open frequently used applications or documents
- visit favorite web sites
- create and address new e-mail messages
- switch between applications
- switch between open windows in an application
- tell your Macintosh to restart, shut down or enter sleep mode
- launch AppleScripts to automate your Mac
- open Finder selected documents with a specific application
- open desktop items with a wildcard character
- unmount/eject volumes
Got a cool way to use MindControl? MindVision wants to know about it. Enter the "How I use MindControl" contest for a chance to win an iBook!
Enter a tip on how you get the most from MindControl. Or enter an AppleScript that you run from MindControl. Entering is easy and we'll review all submissions and post approved ones on the contest web site.
- First prize is an iBook.
- Second prize is an Apple Airport Base Station.
- Third place will win an Apple Airport Card.
- Seven fourth place winners will each receive a MindVision T-shirt.
Contest ends March 31, 2000.
MindControl is available for US$19.95, and their is a demonstration version available. For more information on MindControl, or the iBook contest, visit the the MindVision Software web site or stop by their booth (#2507) at MACWORLD.