January 21st, 2000
|[11:00 AM] New App Provides GUI Access To Telnet Commands
MacSOS has released Solaris Unix Console, providing a Mac-like interface to common Unix commands. The product provides access t many functions within Solaris. According to MacSOS:
UNIX Console is a PowerPC native application that provides a graphical interface to common and not so common telnet commands.
- dumb telnet terminal
- Display of BSD printer spools
- Disk utilization module
- Ethernet interface module
- Load analysis
- RAM usage analysis (requires sar to be installed and active)
- CPU historical analysis (requires sar to be installed and active)
- Process overview
- SAMBA and EtherShare client overview modules
Unix Console is available as shareware for US$99. You can find more information at the MacSOS web site.
The Mac Observer Spin: This will be a blessing to many Mac system administrators, especially those who work within an environment that includes Solaris yet don't have experience with that OS.