June 6th, 2000
|[11:00 AM] Game Receives Update From Ambrosia
Ambrosia Software has released an updater for their Escape Velocity follow-up, EV: Override. EV: Override allows users to play the captain of a small space craft trying to survive in strange worlds. The 1.0.2 updater includes a number of performance enhancements and bug fixes. According to Ambrosia:
EV: Override 1.0.2 is Ambrosia's huge follow up to the classic Escape Velocity. With an immersive story and universe created by Peter Cartwright, a new conflict begins to unfold. Much like the original game by Matt Burch, you are cast as a pioneering space captain with only a small shuttlecraft, a bit of money, and a strong sense of destiny. But the similarity ends there. Override features a universe five times the size of the original game, and a slew of populated worlds within. Gone are the neverending wars which raged in the original game instead, winning critical battles can change the face of the universe. Or, if you're happy with the existing balance of power, you can make a living as a humble trader. Just watch out for those pesky renegades, who want nothing more than to swipe the precious cargo from your holds.
The following is a list of the bugs/additions in EV Override 1.0.2:
- Removed spaceport bar from Verrill prime after destuction
- Fixed a bug that sometimes caused the warp out sound to play multiple times
- Changed default secondary trigger to the control key
- Fixed some spelling errors in various mission text
- Added a field to force up to 4 pers ships to always appear in a system
- Weapon ammo type -999 will now cause the firing ship to be destroyed
- Added ship type pilot skill variance
- Finally fixed the bug that would cause all ships to appear the same
- Zidagar ships given natural fuel regeneration (not player)
- ships with solar panels (including player) given natural fuel regeneration
- shield-related outfits drain fuel
- UE Cruisers will appear via dudes after appropriate missions done
- certain weapons (dispy rockets, defence pods) will detonate when count is up
- Many, many more!
EV: Override is available for US$25, while the update is free to registered users. You can find more information at the Ambrosia Software web site.