June 7th, 2000
|[2:00 PM] Greek Company Introduces Several New Mac FireWire Products
Unibrain is showing off some new Mac (and PC) FireWire products at a trade show in Taipei, Taiwan. Unibrain, based in Greece, is demonstrating products aimed at consumers and developers alike, including some interesting FireWire networking products, a FireWire API for the DV market, and a new PCI FireWire card. According to Unibrain:
Unibrain will participate as a co-exhibitor at Computex2000, Taipei, Taiwan, during June 5th through 11th, 2000, at Hall 2, booth E92 (IOI Technology Corp's. booth).
Unibrain will present and demonstrate its new IEEE-1394 (Firewire) product family which is comprised of the following products:
- FireNet - The IEEE-1394 Networking software solution for Windows & Macintosh.
- FireAPI and Fire-iAPI - The IEEE-1394 general purpose, and specialized digital cameras development toolkits for Windows98/NT4.0.
- FireBoard400/OHCI - IEEE-1394 400Mbps PCI host adapters featuring Texas Instruments' latest integrated circuits.
- FirePrint - The IEEE-1394 Windows & Macintosh Printing solution for all EIO enabled HP printers.
- FireDVT - the DV system solution for video grabbing & editing
- FireServer - the IEEE-1394 network attached Storage (NAS) that outperforms 100BaseT NAS by 5-20 times on PCs and 3-10 on Macs. It also outperforms any SPB2 1394 hard disk by 1.5-2 times. FireServer is not a peripheral device but a TCP/IP network server.
You can find more information on the company's full product line at their Web site.
The Mac Observer Spin: The company is showing some very interesting things at this show, and some of these new products will be of particular interest to Mac DV and publishing professionals.