June 8th, 2000
|[6:00 AM] Kodak Releases Two New Digital Cameras
Kodak has released two new digital cameras, the DC5000 and DC4800. The DC 5000 features weatherproof and resistant design and the DC4800 has a 3.1-megapixel resolution. According to Kodak:
With its rugged design, the DC5000 stands up to the elements and is perfect for your go-anywhere lifestyle.
Weatherproof design with special seals keeps moisture out for carefree performance in any weather. Use in light rain or mist, dusty and dirty conditions, on the beach, near the pool or while boating.
On an assignment where wearing gloves is required, our controls are large enough to take out the guesswork. Intuitive design makes it as easy to use as a point and shoot.
- The 2X optical (30 60 mm) and 3X digital zoom and the wide-angle lens allow you to take pictures in a variety of open spaces - from wide-open fields to cramped corners, youll get the shot youre looking for.
- Spectacular 2-megapixel resolution delivers excellent picture qualityeven on 8" x 10" prints.
- USB port downloads, files, and sends images in a snap.
Perfect for people who are passionate about photography, the KODAK DC4800 has the quality and convenience youve come to expect from Kodak. The DC4800 3.1-megapixel resolution gives you outstanding prints up to 11" x 14". Manual and automatic settings give you creative control and flexibility to get the pictures you want. Saturated, neutral, black-and-white, or sepia color balance provides even greater creative freedom. A 3X-optical zoom (28 84 mm) and 2X digital zoom lens let you choose wide-angle or telephoto to capture precious details. All in a compact design with a neck strap that makes it more comfortable to use and easier to carry especially convenient when traveling.
- Super-crisp 3.1-megapixel resolution helps images stand above the resteven for 20 x 25 cm or 27.5 x 35 cm prints.
- Image colour modes such as saturated, neutral, black-and-white, or sepia help expand the creativity in your pictures.
- ISO settings of 100, 200, and 400 offer flexibility in various lighting and action situations.
- 3X optical zoom provides 28mm - 84mm and an additional 2X digital zoom.
- Rechargeable lithium ion battery that recharges in-camera.
- Compact design makes it comfortable to use and carry.
- A complete line of lenses and filters is available.
No pricing information was available. You can find more information about the DC5000 and DC4800 at Kodak's site.