June 9th, 2000
|[6:00 AM] New File Modification Tool Available
Mac-Stacks Emporium has released fileFinagler. The new file modification tool allows you to play with files and folders on your Mac with a Finder-like interface. According to Mac-Stacks Emporium:
- Make files or folders invisible to keep them from prying eyes.
- Make the invisible files or folders on your Mac visible to see what they are hiding.
- Copy invisible files from read-only media to your hard drive so that you can make them visible.
- Open your sensitive invisible files for editing without having to make them visible first (that way you won't have to remember to make them invisible again after you finish editing them).
- Change the application that starts when you double-click a file from the Finder by changing the file's built-in CREATOR code. Build a list of often-used CREATOR codes that you can access from a pop-up button. FileFinagler allows you to easily change the CREATOR code for an entire folder full of files with a single mouse click.
- Change a file's built-in TYPE code if it does not have one (such as can happen with files downloaded from the Web) or if the TYPE is incorrect. Build a list of often-used TYPE codes that you can access from a pop-up button. fileFinagler allows you to easily change the TYPE code for an entire folder full of files with a single mouse click.
fileFinagler requires HyperCard Player 2.3 or higher.
fileFinagler is available for US$10. A free evaluation version and more information are available at the Mac-Stacks Emporium web site.