June 9th, 2000
|[1:00 PM] TextSpresso Makes Cleaning HTML Easier
Taylor Design has released TextSpresso 1.6.2. The new version of the popular text editor includes several bug fixes and feature updates, including a "Net To Text" filter. According to Taylor Design:
TextSpresso 1.6.2 includes an improved find dialog. It also includes an improved Net To Text (URL's) filter which preserves URL's even when converting faulty HTML to text. Several new filters, interface enhancements, and minor bug fixes round out the release.
TextSpresso is an easy to use, professional level text editor and cleaner. TextSpresso includes over 100 filters and can handle a wide range of tasks, including:
- Cleaning up E-mails, Web pages, MIME text documents, and other text retrieved from the Internet.
- Preparing text for the Internet to insure that it is readable regardless of transport method or end destination. TextSpresso can prepare Mac text, which may contain Internet incompatible special characters and formatting, for E-mail, Usenet, and message boards.
- Converting cross platform text files between Mac and PC with highly accurate special character preservation.
- Preparing text documents for publishing in HTML on the World Wide Web.
- Preparing documents for print publishing. TextSpresso can reformat text so that it looks good in print and obeys many of the common spacing and character rules of graphic design, saving publishers a great deal of time and money.
- Whatever you need. TextSpresso lets users create new filters using 7 different core filter types including pattern matching and MultiFilter.
A single user liscense for TextSpresso is US$20, and multi-user pricing options are available. This update is free for registered users of previous versions of TextSpresso. You can find more information at the Taylor Design website.