June 12th, 2000
|[2:00 PM] See Your Name In Lights. Apple Offering Times Square Jumbotron Space To Developers
Ed Prasek from Apple Computer e-mailed us about a developer program for the MACWORLD Expo in NY. The program will allow to reach 1.5 million people per day in Times Square on ABC's Jumbotron screen. According to Ed Prasek:
Are you an ADC Premier or Select member who's exhibiting at MACWORLD Expo New York? Are you looking for a really innovative way to get the most from your presence in New York? And while we're at it, how about something super-high-impact at a very reasonable investment? Through a very special exclusive program with ABC-TV, ADC Premier and Select members exhibiting at MACWORLD Expo New York can reach an audience 1.5 million per day in Times Square with ABC's Jumbotron.
With ABC's Jumbotron ad package, your product will receive massive exposure from the "crossroads of the world" for a two week period from July 17 to 30, 2000.
This package includes the following:
- 30-second iNews Update produced by San Francisco's ABC 7, KGO-TV
- Animated ribbon and message crawl produced by ABC-TV
- 20 commercial insertions per day on ABC's Jumbotron
- 280 30-second insertions over two-week flight
- Animated graphics and ribbon crawl run in conjunction with your 30-second commercial
- 1.5 million daily viewers
- 27 million tourist visits
- 4 million overnight visitors
- 12,600 nearby hotel rooms
- 40 nearby Broadway theaters
- 250 nearby restaurants
This special offer costs US$35 000. Partnership with another ADC Premier or Select member at MACWORLD reduces the cost to US$17 500 for each. You can find more information about this at Apple's Developer site.
Apple - ABC - MACWORLD Expo