May 8th, 2000
|[8:00 AM] REALbasic Update Offers Improved Performance and Reliability
REALbasic has been updated to version 2.1.1. This update corrects many bugs found in previous versions, and also offers new features and improved performance. According to the company:
This release contains the following new features:
- FolderItem: SaveAsPicture now works for Win32
- FolderItem: SaveAsJPEG now works for Win32
- FolderItem: ExportPicture now works for Win32
- QuickTime: OpenURLMovie now works for Win32
- Picture: NewPicture -- 4bit Win32 pictures now in color, uses Mac standard 16 color palette.
This release contains the following optimizations:
- Listbox: AddRow and RemoveRow now perform up to 10X faster.
REALbasic 2.1.1 Standard edition is available for US$149.95 and the Professional edition is available US$349.95 Update 2.1.1 is free for all owners of REALbasic 2.x. A free demo version is also available. You can find more information at the REALbasic Web site.