Stone Table Software has released a new word processor for the Mac that is aimed at authors and researchers. The new product, Z-Write, offers a host of resources and tools for writers to organize their information. According to Stone Table Software:
Stone Table Software is pleased to announce the release of Z-Write 1.0 for Macintosh, a revolutionary word processor for creative writers and researchers.
Z-Write is the world's first nonlinear word processor. Instead of the nightmare of managing hundreds of separate word processing files of notes, ideas, chapters, revisions, character bios, bibliography information, quotations, Web site locations, etc., Z-Write allows the writer to store unlimited documents in a single file!
With support for unlimited Sections of information, Z-Write makes finding and organizing the disparate snippets of text associated with large writing projects a snap. Users are free to organize information any way they want. Move, combine, and print out just the Sections needed. Manage multiple versions of chapters, export a completed book as linked HTML files or Rich Text Format, even view multiple Sections at the same time.
Unlike a personal information manager (PIM), Z-Write is real word processor, designed for handling huge novels and complicated research projects. Unlike "idea managers," Z-Write knows that ultimately your Sections need to be combined to create a uniform piece of writing.
Z-Write eschews the bloat of many of today's word processors, offering simplicity and elegance. Streamlined for writing, it stays out of your way so you can actually get work done.
* Key Features *
- Unique nonlinear writing system
- Simple -- learn to use it in seconds
- Convenient -- Z-Write remembers cursor location, text selection, window position and size, and last document edited
- Customizable -- extensive preference settings
- Electronic Bookmarks -- memorize locations in a document for instant access
- Glossary -- quickly insert memorized snippets of text
- View Windows -- browse multiple Sections simultaneously
- Export to text, HTML, and RTF
- Print Preview
- Flexible print headers and footers
- Hot Help -- point at buttons to learn what they do
- Fully Mac OS "buzzward" compliant (supporting drag-and-drop, etc.)
- 36-page User's Guide in PDF format
- Affordable -- low price makes Z-Write the ideal addition to any writer's toolkit
* System Requirements *
Z-Write 1.0.1 requires a Power Macintosh running System 7.5 or better, 10MB of free memory, and QuickTime (any version).