May 12th, 2000
|[8:00 AM] TableText Tabular Information App Goes Beta
Sig Software announced the public beta version 1.0 of TableText. It is a new application for manipulating tabular information. According to Sig Software:
TableText is a program which allows tabular information to be represented, manipulated and scanned as plain text. With it, you can convert spreadsheets and tables to ASCII text with ease.
It can be used for e-mail messages, source code comments and cross-platform documentation. It also allows text to be converted back into tabular form, for importing into a spreadsheet, word processor or database.
- Converts plain text back into tabular representation.
- Allows custom selection of dividers between rows and columns.
- Each cell can be aligned left, center, right or justified.
- Works directly with Eudora, Emailer, Outlook Express or Mailsmith.
- Direct in-cell text editing.
- Full help included.
The public beta is fully functional but expires on June 1st, 2000.
You can find more information and the download link at Sig Software's site.