May 19th, 2000
|[8:00 AM] Graphic Artists: Rainbow Painter Updated With New Features
Addiction Interactive has released Rainbow Painter 1.9.1, an update its painting and photo retouching application. Changes include new features and help system enhancements. According to Addiction Interactive:
Rainbow Painter is a unique painting and photo retouching program for the Macintosh. Any pictures you produce in the unregistered version are saved internally, and can be exported when you have registered.
- Innovative design.
- Unique user interface.
- Let's you edit and view a picture in multiple windows simultaneously with individual magnifications and layer controls.
- Up to 8 image layers with alpha/opacity channels.
- More than 60 different effects and tools to use on your pictures.
- Mask layer with special sets of tools and operations/effects.
- Three different studios, where you may rearrange and add windows as you like.
- Imports/exports Jpeg and PICT images, as well as a few other formats.
About the new version
- The function 'Move Windowing' (the four arrow buttons in the top-right corner of the Picture Editor), now takes bigger steps if you hold down 'Alt' ('Option').
- Quick Help extended to cover improvements.
- Killed bugs: The layer operation 'Merge' gave the resulting layer incorrect alpha/opacity levels.
Rainbow Painter is US$20 shareware and you can find more information at Addiction Interactive's site.