|[11:00 AM] New Site Launched Dedicated To Cross Platform Gaming
Game fanatic and Mac Observer contributing editor Cory Harrison has announced the launch of a new Mac and PC game Web site called The GamerSyndicate. The new site is dedicated to cross platform gaming and features news, game servers, , downloads, and a whole lot more. The GamerSyndicate will launch officially launch on June 3rd with a local tournament held in Nanaimo, Canada. The site is also one of the most attractive and graphically intense sites on the Web. According to the GamerSyndicate:
www.gamersyndicate.com Online Gaming Publication announced today that their new cross platform computer gaming Web site will be launched from the Authorized Apple Re-Seller and Service Provider in Nanaimo, The Island Mac Center, on June 3rd, 2000, 12:00 noon until 5:00 PM.
The staff at GamerSyndicate would like to invite the local press and public for on-site demonstrations of their site and dedicated game servers. Terminals will be set up for the public to play the latest games on both Macintosh and Windows. Refreshments will also be served. GamerSyndicate will be giving away door prizes that include posters, t-shirts, and stickers. An informal Game Tournament featuring ID Software's popular title, Quake 3 Arena will commence at 2:00 PM. Entrants must be 16 years of age or over and must be present at 11 am for registration at The Island Mac Center. $100 dollars cash prize, game software, and a variety of prizes donated by local business will be offered to the lucky winners.
The GamerSyndicate Web site is a comprehensive and innovative digital environment for computer gaming fans. It provides the latest industry news, press releases, announcements, latest demo's and downloads, detailed game reviews, as well as providing a place for computer gamers to meet up and engage in friendly competition and cooperative play on dedicated 24 hour a day, 7 days a week GamerSyndicate game servers.
Web site Features:
- Recent Industry News: a comprehensive report of game news on a daily basis.
- Editorials: written by experienced gamers, they identify with a variety of demographics from teens to 20-somethings, women gamers and those of autumn years.
- Reviews: Comprehensive reviews of gaming software and hardware.
- Downloads: Game demo's, previews, movie trailers, maps, mods, patches and updates.
- Servers: Dedicated high speed servers provide a place for gamers to meet up and pit their skills against their peers.
- Gallery: GamerSyndicate offers a forum for would be illustrators and writers to showcase their works in a public gallery. GamerSyndicate will attempt to secure commitment from industry professionals to review the work periodically.
- Online Store: GamerSyndicate related materials such as t-shirts, posters, hats will be for sale on the site through secure ecommerce transactions.
You can find more information at the new site. Please note that the site is aimed at people with high-bandwdith connections, sporting the phrase "Best Viewed With A High Bandwidth Connection" on the entry page. As long as you can deal with that, you will enjoy the way the site looks.
The Mac Observer Spin: Cory Harrison is indeed a gaming fanatic. The Mac Observer's Editor-in-Chief met Cory during late night Myth and Myth 2 marathons (pardon the pun) where Cory is known as Gaius Marius. While Cory will continue to offer gaming content to The Mac Observer, we wish him the best of luck with this new venture! It is good for the Mac gaming market to have sites that are dedicated not just to Mac gaming, but to cross platform gaming. With PC gamers being so numerous, a site like this can help expose them to quality gaming on the Mac.