Franglophile Gets An Update
||Scott Carpenter and P. Caudron have released a new update for Franglophile, their English-to-French and French-to-English translator. The new version is version 1.5. According to Mssrs. Carpenter and Caudron:
Le Franglophile is an extensive, thorough French-English dictionary, designed by language and data professionals for use by students and experts alike. It contains nearly 100,000 key words and tens of thousands of secondary entries and sample phrases. It is available as shareware, so you can test it out before purchasing it.
Le Franglophileoffers the following features:
- more than 100,000 key words
- tens of thousands of secondary entries
- hundreds of slang words and expressions
- thousands of technical terms
- thousands of indications of context and usage
- pronunciation by voice synthesis (currently only for English entries)
- a special reverse translation feature for confirming appropriate usage
- all this at impressive speed
Franglophile is shareware and can be downloaded from the Franglophile web site. Pricing is as follows: 0-9 licenses for US$25 each, 10-19 licenses for US$20 each, and 20+ licenses for US$19 each.