April 19th, 1999
|[1:16 PM] Electrifier Pro 2 Will Support QuickTime 4
Electrifier has announced that their flagship product Electrifier Pro 2 will support QuickTime 4 with its initial release. Electrifier Pro is a multimedia content authoring environment that centers around QuickTime as the delivery format. According to Electrifier:
Electrifier Pro 2.0's new capabilities allow Web professionals to create and integrate real-time streaming video and audio, and deliver the results using QuickTime 4. Real-time streaming is perfect for live events and long presentations, allowing viewers to jump to any moment in the presentation. While continuing to support standard Web servers, Electrifier Pro 2.0 adds support for a wide range of real-time streaming servers, including the Mac OS X Server.
** About Electrifier Pro 2.0
Electrifier Pro 2.0 rich media Web authoring software provides superior quality while minimizing file sizes. It supports all types of content, and consistently delivers industry-standard QuickTime on either Netscape Navigator or Microsoft Internet Explorer at any connection speed, from
28.8K modems to broadband.
Electrifier Pro can:
- Create real-time streaming rich media suitable for any connection speed, from 28.8K to broadband. Flexible compression utilizes the most advanced techniques available such as Sorenson Video, Intel Indeo, Qualcomm PureVoice and QDesign Music.
- Develop complex animations and interactivity in seconds. Drag-and-drop authoring allows modifiable actions and effects, accurate to 1/1000th of a second, to be applied to any element, eliminating the need for tedious frame-by-frame construction or step-by-step scripting. Include URL hotspots, highlighting, and playback controls. Creations can be instantly previewed and edited without exporting.
- Use any rich media content, such as vector and bitmap animation, digitized audio, synthesized music (MIDI), video, 3-D, VR panoramas, No-Bandwidth(TM) media like fire and ripples, and over 150 special effects like emboss and fade.
- Seamlessly integrate with existing content and all authoring tools, such as Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator, Macromedia Flash, Adobe GoLive, Microsoft FrontPage, NetObjects Fusion, Macromedia Dreamweaver and Macromedia Director.
- Output creations as industry-standard QuickTime or animated GIFs, for consistent playback on either Navigator or Internet Explorer without requiring a special server. Content can be easily deployed on intranets and CD-ROMs without reauthoring.
Electrifier Pro 2.0 will be available for the Mac OS and Windows 95/98/NT in Q2 1999 for $595. Electrifier Pro 1.0 users will receive a free upgrade. The Mac OS version requires PowerPC-based Mac OS, System 7.5 or later. A thirty-day trial is available at the company's web site.