December 6th, 1999
|[8:00 AM] Book'em Danno!
Everyday Software has released a new web browser bookmark management utility called Bookit. Bookit provides a host of powerful features, and promises to make organizing large numbers of bookmarks more simple. According to Everyday Software:
Everyday Software is pleased to announce Bookit the next revolution in bookmark management. It is no longer necessary to have bookmark manager applications running constantly to have the same bookmarks between all of your browsers. Because Bookit creates new bookmark files for your browsers after the user has customized their "new" complete bookmark listing. Bookit is also a complete organizational tool. While customizing the bookmarks the user may: add bookmarks, add folders, add dividers, and move everything anywhere. Bookit is truly the ultimate bookmark management program.
Some features of Bookit include:
- Compatible with all popular web browser's bookmark files (sorry Cyberdog).
- Organize user's bookmarks.
- Create new bookmarks, folders, and dividers when organizing.
- Combine bookmarks from all browsers into one common bookmark file.
- After using Bookit all of the user's bookmarks will be the same no matter
- what web browser is being used, because Bookit rewrites the users bookmark
- files from scratch.
- Supports Keychain, contextual menus, and other Mac OS technologies.
- Is less than 1/2 the price of other bookmark managing programs.
Bookit is available as shareware for US$9. You can find more information and download links at the Everyday Software web site.