|[7:00 AM] Stuffit Deluxe Gets An Update
In one of three product announcements today from Aladdin Systems, the company has announced a new version of the Stuffit Deluxe Engine. This update brings compatibility to Stuffit Deluxe, Stuffit Expander, and Aladdin DropStuff. According to Aladdin Systems:
Aladdin Systems' StuffIt Deluxe(tm) 5.1 update includes enhancements and fixes to the StuffIt Engine(tm) and Power Plug (in PowerPC machines only) currently shipping in the 5.1 versions of Aladdin DropStuff(tm) and StuffIt Expander(tm). The 5.1 update eliminates the need for StuffIt Deluxe 5.0.x users to download the new DropStuff 5.1.2 and Expander 5.1.2 separately for these added improvements.
The 5.1 update includes the following StuffIt Deluxe 5.x enhancements, fixes and additions:
- Faster file compression and decompression than previous StuffIt Deluxe 5.0.x versions
- Fixes a bug in StuffIt Expander that would falsely report that StuffIt 5 segmented files had damaged headers when they were rejoined with Expander using any 5.0.x StuffIt Engine
- Fixes the ability for the Aladdin Compression(tm) control panel to close properly through an Apple Event
- StuffIt Expander can now transparently decode the MacBinary output from Zip archive decompression
- Adds a "built-in" Text Encoding Converter for the Roman character set
The 5.1 update is FREE for StuffIt Deluxe 5.0.x users and is available as a download directly from Aladdin's Web site at: http://www.aladdinsys.com/updates/index.html
Users who purchase StuffIt Deluxe 5.0.x in retail stores or catalogs can download the 5.1 update FREE from the Aladdin Web site.
For more information on StuffIt Deluxe, visit: http://www.aladdinsys.com/deluxe/
This is a free update for owners of version 5.0. You can find more information at the company's web site.