December 21st, 1999
|[7:00 AM] Rainbow Painter Goes One Louder
Addiction Interactive has updated Rainbow Painter to version 1.6.0. The new version of the image editing program adds a number of help type features, giving users more information about the program's functionality, as well as a host of performance enhancements and bug fixes. According to Addiction Interactive:
Improved user interface features:
- Manual extended.
- Quick Help extended.
- FAQ extended.
- Tips extended.
- The arrows in the Picture Tools and Mask Tools contents are now blacked out when not needed.
Improved image editing features:
- New picture tool sets added: "Painting", "Layer Editing", "Photo Retouching".
- Hotkeys assigned to "Undo Last Effect/Operation" ('Command-z' or 'F1') and "View Picture" ('Control-*'). Both affect the target picture.
- Trying to bring up a settings dialog for the picture tools "Pick Color" or "Square Selection", resulted in a random dialog being displayed.
- A rare low memory bug has been fixed.
Rainbow Painter is available as shareware for US$20. You can find more information at the Addiction Interactive web site.