December 22nd, 1999
|[5:00 PM] Galactica: AD Receives Bug Fix Update
Monkey Byte Development has released an update to their new space action game, Galactica 2. The new version, 2.0.5 fixes several bugs. According to Monkey Byte Software:
Monkey Byte Development today announced that Galactica: anno Dominari v2.0.5 has been released. Developed by Sacred Tree Software, Inc. Galactica is an interstellar colonization and warfare strategy game. Galactica 2 is a major tech-level advancement over previous v1.x releases, offering improved multiplayer experience, variable sized galaxies, variable computer skill levels and advantages, new ship classes, ability to create fleets, an extensive hands-on tutorial and other improvements.
v2.0.5 fixes these problems:
- Problem with crashes when sending messages between players in multiplayer games. Sending messages between players now works correctly, but sending messages to self still has minor glitches.
- Added note to bottom of message window to inform users that message would arrive next turn.
- Fixed problem where messages were always described as being from "all players".
- Fixed problem with Victory event that caused it to leave "*" in place of player's name in the descriptive text.
- Fixed problem with satellites not being produced in multiplayer games. This was happening when a new planet was first colonized and the ship building was left unchanged on satellites.
The update is free to registered owners of the game. The full version is priced at US$19.95 for an electronic download, and US$24.95 for a CD version. You can find more information at the company's web site.
Monkey Byte Development