Biap Systems Releases Mac Server Add-On
||Biap Systems has released a new product called Biap Relay. Biap Relay is designed to improve the reliability, security, performance, and functionality of web servers. Biap Systems, the makers of the original MacHTTP web server and Biap Chat, has released the product capable of being configurable on either 68k ot PowerPC native versions. According to Biap:
"BIAP Relay's extensive list of features includes:
- Relaying of web traffic to servers based on file/service type.
- Continuous monitoring of remote server availability.
- Automatic failure roll over to next available remote server.
- Dynamic load balancing of traffic for each file/service type.
- Relaying of web traffic to servers specified in a URL.
- Automatic repair of bad relative URLs on relayed pages.
- Single file, drag and drop installation.
- Simple, web-based administration and configuration.
- Automatic version checking.
BIAP Relay was designed to support a variety of new and innovative
web server capabilities and applications. For example, using BIAP Relay
- Save money on Digital ID's for SSL and speed up your secure servers.
- Add SSL capability to servers that don't have it (e.g., FileMaker).
- Isolate troublesome CGIs and plug-ins to improve web site reliability.
- Isolate slow CGIs and plug-ins to improve web site performance.
- Put old hardware back into service as back-ups for your main servers.
- Relay secure web traffic through firewalls, limiting network access.
- Distribute content and dynamically load balance multiple servers.
- Provide an anonymous web relay service.
- Merge content from several sources into a single web page."
BIAP Relay can be configured to run on any 68k or PPC Macintosh model that supports popular Mac Web server software and the W*API 1.2 standard. The product is priced at US$199 until February 15th when it will be priced at US$229.