Cakewalk, the leading provider of music and sound creation software, today announced Metro(TM) 5 - a complete multitrack digital audio and MIDI studio for the Macintosh. With new effects automation, an enhanced user interface, and support for ASIO-compatible audio hardware, Metro 5 provides Mac users with a creative alternative for professional music and sound projects.
Metro 5 allows users to record any musical instrument or sound source, arrange music with flexible pattern-based sequencing, work with creative tools like NoteSpray(TM) and the Rhythm Explorer(TM), mix in real-time using automated audio effects, edit and print notation, and create sound tracks for film, video and QuickTime movies.
New Features Include:
- Improved user interface for increased musical productivity
- Support for ASIO-compatible audio cards
- Real-time effects processing with automation
- Up to 8 stereo auxiliary buses for routing real-time effects
- Audio scrubbing for quick auditioning of tracks
- Improved drag-and-drop editing of audio
- Crossfades with linear and exponential curves
- VU meters for accurate level-monitoring of audio and MIDI
- Wide range of desktop color schemes
- Context-sensitive, searchable Online Help
- Online tutorials