November 1st, 1999
|[8:00 AM] CDFinder Finds Several New Features
Norbert M. Doerner has released CDFinder 2.7. CDFinder allows users to catalog various types of removable and permanent media. According to Norbert M. Doerner:
CDFinder is a very fast and powerful tool to create catalog files of your hard disks, floppies, ZIP's and anything else that spins. It has a great user interface and very useful search functions. CDFinder supports drag&drop and requires at least a 68020 or PowerPC CPU. While System 7 is required, CDFinder is also fully compatible to MacOS 9. A special feature is the multi-lingual user interface (German/French/English/Italian/Swedish).
New features in CDFinder 2.7:
- CDFinder is fully compatible to MacOS 9.
- A brand new Contextual Menu Module (CMM) tightly integrates CDFinder into the MacOS. (PowerPC only)
- All preferences can now be set and read by AppleScript.
- The Find operation can also be started by AppleScript.
- CDFinder won't delete catalog folders anymore if they contain foreign files.
- Some serious bugs are fixed and more minor features added.
CDFinder 2.7 is available as shareware for US$20. This version is free to registered users of CDFinder. You can find more information at the CDFinder web site.