Aladdin Systems has updated the desktop stock ticker applictation, MacTicker, to version 1.6. MacTicker is the leading application for receiving up to the minute, customizable stock information. According to Aladdin Systems:
The newest release of this popular desktop stock ticker features support for the latest versions of America Online and CompuServe. MacTicker users receive information on stocks, mutual funds and market indexes, delivered in a scrolling stock ticker directly to their desktop, without launching a Web powser. Customers of AOL and CompuServe, the two largest online services, can now utilize MacTicker to gather and update their stock information as frequent as once a minute for optimum financial tracking.
MacTicker works in the background, and displays a scrolling ticker that can be placed anywhere on the desktop. MacTicker updates information as often as every minute, and can easily be customized to provide each user with exactly the investment information needed.
The new version also includes a "Look Up" feature that allows users to look up stock symbols by entering the company name. MacTicker will then add the company name, stock symbol and stock exchange to the user's portfolio with a single click.
"America Online and CompuServe subscribers can now enjoy easy access to quotes on their favorite stocks and mutual funds," said Matthew Covington, MacTicker product manager. "With this information always available on the desktop, millions of people can make better, faster investment decisions."
Several new display options and Web-based features are in MacTicker 1.6:
- A floating ticker option allows users to float the ticker bar in front of other running applications, keeping stock information always visible.
- A Control Strip module allows quotes to be displayed in the user's Control Strip, leaving the rest of the screen free for other applications.
- MacTicker can also display quotes in succession at five- to ten-second intervals with the Control Strip feature.
- The new version has the option to open a PPP connection, retrieve the requested stock quotes, and close the connection once the update has been completed.
- Users will be automatically notified of the availability of a new version of the product when they go online.
- Enhanced "Support" menu allows users to connect directly to Aladdin's support Web site for help.
MacTicker is available for US$29.95. This version is free to registered users of version 1.5. You can find more information at the Aladdin Systems web site.