November 18th, 1999
|4:45 PM] It's Basic, Really, But It's An Alpha Release
REAL Software has released REALbasic 2.1a23. REAL stresses that alpha releases are NOT considered full working products, and are intended to be used for testing. According to REAL Software:
REAL Software is pleased to announce the latest development release of REALbasic 2.1a21. These alpha releases are for testing purposes only and are not considered the current release of REALbasic. Projects saved in alpha releases of 2.1 cannot be opened in REALbasic 2.0.2. You should not use alpha releases for mission-critical development.
- [Opt] = Optimization
- [Bug] = Bug Fix
- [New] = New Feature
- [Chg] = Changes Previous Functionality
- [Bug] Win32 now supports keyboard objects. The key codes are mapped directly from the Mac "Extended Keyboard Layout". The following is a list of keys which have mappings which aren't necessarily obvious: Option = Alt, Command = Windows, Help = Insert, Clear = Num Lock, F13 = Print Screen, F14 = Scroll Lock, F15 = Pause.
- [New] You can pass raw Win32 key codes to GetAsyncKeyDown. Here is how you do it, Add 1 to the raw keyCode and put it in the high word of the integer you are passing. Example: Keyboard.AsyncKeyDown((rawKeyCode + 1) * &hFFFF) Passing Mac Keycodes in the high word is currently identical to passing them in the low word.
- [Bug] Win32 now supports changing fonts in EditFields.
- [Bug] Win32 now honors colors in EditFields. There are some circumstances where the editfield will not refresh properly however. Styled edit fields do not honor text color.
- [New] Item "Clear" in the menu "Edit" is now enabled for deleting project items.
- [Bug] Win32 built application icons have much more accurate color, blues and reds are no longer reversed.
- [Bug] Double-byte intelligent text drag & drop behavior altered. Let us know if the change is inadequate.
- [Bug] IM behavior altered. Should appear on double-byte localized versions of MacOS more frequently.
- [Bug] Win32 built application icons no longer constrain the icon to a diamond when the ICN# resource isn't present.
- [Bug] Win32 Movable Modal and Floating Dialog windows no longer cause crashes on Win32
- [Bug] REALbasic breakpoint problem fixed (introduced in a22, gone in a23)
- [Bug] Setting the password mode in an EditField no longer looses the current selection. (Mac and Win32)
- [Chg] About box now reflects more accurate version information.
- [Chg] REAL Software address is now correct in the About box.
You can find more information about the alpha release of REALbasic at the REAL Software web site.