November 23rd, 1999
|[2:00 PM] 4 USB Macs? Use One Keyboard, Mouse, & Monitor With MoniSwitch USB
Dr. Bott has released a new member of their Moniswitch line, MoniSwitchUSB. MoniSwitchUSB allows users of multiple computers with USB input devices to use only one keyboard, mouse, and monitor for all of their systems. According to Dr. Bott:
Dr. Bott has taken their experience with the original ADB MoniSwitch and created MoniSwitchUSB. MoniSwitchUSB is a Mac friendly KVM (keyboard, video, and mouse) switch that allows the use of a monitor and USB peripherals with multiple USB capable computers including Macs and PCs.
- Support for both Mac & PC monitors.
- Looks and works great with new G4s!
- Available for 2 or 4 computers.
- Includes all necessary USB and super premium video cables!
- PCI Kit available for beige Macs.
- Lighted LED indicates selected computer at a glance.
- Compatible with Windows 98, Mac OS and other operating systems that support USB.
- iMoniSwitchUSB allows use of iMac built-in monitor, keyboard and mouse with up to 3 other Macs or PCs.
Typical Uses: Many people have found different uses for MoniSwitchUSB. Some of the more common include those who are required to use both a Mac and PC. It is also used in server rooms where each computer my only need to be accessed briefly during the day. MoniSwitch reduces the risk of confusion and error that increases when using multiple keyboards, mice and monitors. Obviously, MoniSwitch will save space and will allow redeployment of existing equipment or will save the cost of new equipment in such environments.
MoniSwitchUSB is available in both 2 and 4 computer models. The 2 computer switch is available for US$139, while the 4 computer switch is available for US$199. You can find more information at the Dr. Bott web site.