October 4th, 1999
|[7:00 AM] Archive For Mac Updated With Maintenance Release
Yenco Software has updated the disk cataloging program, Archive for Mac, to version 4.1. Archive for Mac allows users to catalog, store, and search detailed information about their disks. Version 4.1 is a maintenance release addressing a specific big. According to Yenco Software:
Archive for Mac features quick and easy disk cataloging, searching by any file name, folder name, disk name, creator code, file type code, or label. It provides document launching, access to detailed information about your files, built in context-aware help and much more! It is fully compatible with Mac OS 8.6 and Year 2000 compliant.
This version contains a bug fix which allows Archive to automatically save changes to documents when any disk catalog operation is completed. This fix applies to both standard catalog and RapidCatalog sessions.
This version also includes:
- RapidCatalog which speeds up the process of cataloging disks.
- Breaks the 32K text limit in search results.
- Reports on disk activity in both standard and RapidCatalog sessions.
- Shortcut for viewing the contents of any disk in a catalog file.
- More feedback while searching a catalog
- Reports the number of items found.
- Improved context-aware help system
- Better column formatting
- Appearance manager improvements
- Better handling of low RAM memory situations.
- Minor bug fix to "Welcome" window.
- Double-click lists in "Disk Selection" window.
- Updated contact and license info.
- Design change in "About" and "Welcome" windows.
- Internet style text feedback on links.
- Using default "arrow" cursor.
- Built with SuperCard 3.6
Archive for Mac is available as shareware for US$20. Demonstration versions of the application are also available. You can find more information at the company's web site.