October 6th, 1999
|[8:30 AM] Mac Gamer's Ledge Hosts Big Mac Gaming Event This Weekend
Our good friends at Mac Gamer's Ledge (MGL) have announced a very cool Mac Game Event for this Saturday. Mac Game Events are organized by MGL to bring Mac gamers together to play the latest and most cool Mac games on the latest Mac hardware. This weekend's event will be held in richmond, Virginia and features iBooks, PowerMac G4s, and some exclusive opportunities to play some unfinished games not yet on the market! According to MGL:
MacGamer's Ledge (http://www.macledge.com), a well-established Mac games web site founded in 1994, is announcing its second "Mac Games Event" to be held this weekend, Saturday, October 9, 1999 in Richmond, VA. This semiannual event is open to the public free of charge, and is hosted by Capitol Mac. Each MGL Mac Game Event showcases playable versions of games in development, the latest Apple hardware, many 3rd party game hardware components, and hourly game giveaways. In addition, there will be limited amounts of freebies (t-shirts, demo disks, etc.) donated by many of the event's contributors/sponsors, special one-day-only deals on games and Mac systems in-stock at Capitol Mac, and more...so get there early!
The big attraction to MGL's game events are the exclusive public showings of upcoming Mac games. On Saturday, those who attend will get to PLAY the latest builds of the following Mac games in-progress:
- Backyard Football (from Humongous Entertainment) [exclusive first public showing]
- Civilization: Call to Power (from MacSoft)
- Descent III (from Graphic Simulations Corp.)
- Heretic II (from Logicware) [exclusive first public showing]
- Last Call (from Simon and Schuster Interactive)
- Madden NFL 2000 (from Aspyr Media)
- Rainbow Six (from MacSoft
- Tomb Raider III (from Aspyr Media)
- Unreal Tournament (from MacSoft)
- Zork Grand Inquisitor (from Logicware) [exclusive first public showing]
In addition, the event will showcase these games (and many other recently release Mac games from Ambrosia Software, Blizzard, Freeverse Software, Gathering of Developers, MacSoft, Sierra Studios, Maxis, Electronic Arts, and Lucas Learning) on several Apple systems. Some of the hardware to be showcased at the event include:
- G4 minitowers
- iMacs; and maybe even the new iMac!
- Intensor LX gaming chair (from Imeron)
- Intensor FX gaming seat (from Imeron) [exclusive first public showing]
- Apolla II graphite speakers (from PELE Enterprises) [exclusive first public showing]
- Cyborg 3D USB joystick (from Saitek)
- Benwin flat panel speaker system (Benwin)
- ...and more
You can find more information at MGL's web site, so head over and check it out.
The Mac Observer Spin: This is the kind of event that is just awesome for the Mac game market. It is nothing short of spectacular to hang out with a bunch of other Mac gamers whilst playing the latest Mac games. In addition, the opportunity to see, and play on, the latest hardware is another great community builder. Kudos to MGL for putting together such an impressive event! Hopefully MGL will be able to put together Mac Game Events in other parts of the company in the future...
Mac Gamer's Ledge