October 7th, 1999
|[9:00 AM] Full Featured Mac E-commerce Solution Updated
MDG has shipped version 3.1.1 of their suite of ecommerce/server tools. WS4D/eCommerce 3.1.1 , Web Server 4D 3.1.1 , WS4D/Developer 3.1.1 and WS4D/Developer eCommerce 3.1.1 include feature enhancements as well as bug fixes. According to MDG:
MDG announced today that it shipped version 3.1.1 of WS4D/eCommerce, its a single application that includes a full featured web server, shopping carts, storefronts, credit authorization, virtual domains, and database publishing.
WS4D/eCommerce is an all in one application that includes: full featured web server, shopping carts, storefronts, customer tracking, order tracking, credit card authorization, virtual domains, guestbooks and database publishing. The eCommerce features include:
- No HTML to write, even for multiple StoreFronts hosted by a single server! All HTML is completely customizable for those that wish to make changes.
- Sherlock Optimized - using Apple's Sherlock Technology - all products searchable via Apple's Sherlock.
- Export Orders into popular Accounting Packages which include: Quicken, QuickBooks, MacAuthorize, PCAuthorize, Microsoft Excel, and AppleWorks.
- Unlimited Products for Single or Unlimited StoreFronts.
- Browser Configurable - The StoreFront is completely configurable from any browser. Modify your StoreFront, Products and even View Orders from your browser.
- Credit Card Number Verification - using a mathematical formula, WS4D can determine if the credit card number is valid.
- All Shoppers, Products, Storefronts, and Orders stored in powerful relational database
- Single application can be either a Web Server or a CGI to your existing web server (CGI feature MacOS only).
- Products Search Engine Accessible.
- Export orders to Quicken, Excel, MacAuthorize, PCAuthorize, QuickBooks or AppleWorks.
- Authorizenet Support for real-time credit card authorization
- Customer Address info saved on Server - repeat customers only need to enter their e-mail address and password - Credit Card info NOT stored on server.
- Option to print completed order form for completion via Fax or Mail.
- Support for International Characters and Currencies
- Server Cookies - allows tracking/carts to work even if Browser cookies are disabled.
New Features in Version 3.1.1 include:
- Supports AuthorizeNet 3.0 Including Relay Response (still supports AuthorizeNet 2.5)
- Added Minimum Order Amount Feature
- International Character Support
- Tracks 1st Referrer for all Orders
- Publish Products to Search Engines
- Server Side Ping and TraceRoute
- Supports Rebound 2.0 from Sophisticated Circuits
- Bug Fixes
Web Server 4D 3.1.1 is available for US$295 and WS4D/eCommerce Single, which includes Web Server 4D 3.1, WS4D/CGI, WS4D/eCommerce 1 Store, is available for US$495. WS4D/eCommerce 3.1.1 is a free upgrade for anyone running Web Server 4D 3.0/3.1.1 or WS4D/eCommerce 3.0/3.1. You can find more information at the MDG web site.
The Mac Observer Spin: A full e-commerce package for the Mac is a good thing.