October 8th, 1999
|[4:25 PM] VideoScript Receives Several New Features
The makers of VideoScript have released another update to the product. VideoScript is a scripting language that is designed to make video editing easier and faster. The new release, despite its incremental version number of 1.8 to 1.8.1, includes several new features. According to VideoScript:
VideoScript 1.8.1 is now available from the VideoScript web site. Major New Features in this release include:
- Alpha channel support: You can add edit and save information in alpha channels of frames and images.
- Movie Exporting (QuickTime and AVI): With complete program control over compression operations, a single VideoScript program can batch compress an entire directory of movie files.
- Performance Enhancements: Faster frame statistics. Many functions are now accelerated for G4!
- Usability Enhancements: Better editor, improved reporting of syntax errors.
- Stability Enhancements: Frame grabbing is now compatible with more capture hardware.
VideoScript is available in two versions, Professional which is priced at US$295 and Lite, which is a free download. You can find more information on the procut at the company's web site.