October 13th, 1999
|[2:45 PM] REAL Gets More Real With REALbasic Update
REAL Software has released a new version of REALbasic, though the company is releasing it for testing purposes. The new version squashes several bugs and adds one new feature. According to REAL Software:
REAL Software is pleased to announce the latest development release of REALbasic 2.1a20. These alpha releases are for testing purposes only and are not considered the current release of REALbasic. Projects saved in alpha releases of 2.1 cannot be opened in REALbasic 2.0.2. You should not use alpha releases for mission-critical development.
- [Bug] Win32 Format now handles exponents
- [Bug] Win32 CDbl, CStr and Format now use correct separators on foreign language systems
- [Bug] Floating windows implemented for Win32
- [Bug] Line controls update correctly on Win32
- [Bug] Date class properties update correctly on Win32
- Dragging pictures implemented for Win32
The update is free to registered users. You can find more information on REALbasic and pricing information at the company's web site.