October 13th, 1999
|[8:30 AM] Vicomsoft Updates DHCP Server With Remote Administration
Vicomsoft has released version 6.5 of their DHCP Server. The most notable feature enhancement in version 6.5 is the ability for remote administration of the server. According to Vicomsoft:
This enhanced DHCP server now offers remote administration as an option, allowing administrators to manage the server from anywhere on the LAN or remotely over the Internet. For security, access to remote administration uses encrypted password protection and additionally may be limited to computers on the same LAN as the server, or to specified IP addresses, and can be disabled when not required.
Additional features of the Vicomsoft DHCP Server include:
- Easy to install, use and maintain.
- No specialized certification or training required.
- Available in versions for both Windows 95, 98, NT and for MacOS.
- Can be run as a background service on Windows NT.
- Supports netboot clients.
- Serves up to 1,024 unique LAN client configurations.
- Industrial strength reliability and uptime.
- Serves TCP/IP configurations to Windows, MacOS, UNIX and other TCP/IP compliant platforms.
- Serves multiple physical subnets.
- Low specification hardware requirements.
- TCP/IP configuration lease time of up to 32,767 minutes (about 22 days).
The enhanced Vicomsoft DHCP Server is available for US$95. You can find more information at the Vicomsoft web site.