October 21st, 1999
|[12:30 PM] Next Version Of WebShocker To Enter 30 Day Beta Test
Recosoft Corporation has announced that the next major release of their web animation tool, Web Shocker 2.0, will be available to the public as a free, 30 day beta level trial package before final release. Full public betas seem to have gone the way of the Edsel, but Recosoft hopes to fine tune the final release with your help. According to Recosoft:
WebShocker v2.0 sports a new and improved user interface and incorporates over 200-plus new features and enhancements over version 1.0.
WebShocker 2.0 offers a powerful yet streamlined interface for creating the smallest and most compact GIF Animations, Animated Banners, Java Animations and QuickTime Movies.
- Create high quality GIF animations, Animated Banners, Java animations and QuickTime Movies that can be enjoyed by everybody using Web-safe Colors.
- Place your frames by dragging-and-dropping them to the desired location. You can even drag graphic files from the system and drop them into your animations.
- Create, Edit, Transform and Warp images using sophisticated image manipulation and painting and retouch tools.
- Import QuickTime Movies, AVI files and MPEG files as an animation. You can edit each frame to your hearts desire. Import standard graphics files such as Photoshop, PICT, GIF, JPEG, TIFF, TARGA, BMP and others.
- Directly read images from scanners and digital cameras to create photographic animations.
- The Onion Skin Feature shows a translucent image of other frames underneath the current one. Use the Onion Skin Feature to precisely position images between different frames.
- Batch Convert GIF animations, QuickTime Movies and others from one type to another.
- An Export Assistant is provided to aid in the animation export procedure. Preview and Visually Inspect the differences between the quality of an animation and its size to determine what is best.
- The File Size Reduction feature optimizes file size by removing unused colors and similar areas between images, reducing download time to the minimum.
- Specify GIF settings such as loop count, transparency, background color, frame removal and frame delay.
- Load and Apply Color Palettes stored in GIF and PICT files for your animations. Save loaded color palettes for later use.
- Create Custom Color Palettes and Brush Shapes to tailor your work environment.
- Create animations from 1 - 24 bits deep and as large as 800 x 800 pixels.
WebShocker 2.0 will be priced at US$39.95. A special upgrade price of US$29.95 will be available for those that purchased Web Shocker 1.x before September 1. For those that purchased Web Shocker 1.x after September 1, the upgrade to version 2.0 will be free. You can find more information at the Recosoft Corporation web site.