October 25th, 1999
|[12:45 PM] RAM Disk Utility ramBunctious Adds Mac OS 9 Compatibility
Clarkwood Software has announced the availability of ramBunctious 1.3.2. ramBunctious is a feature packed utility allowing users greater control over the RAM Disk feature found in the Mac OS. The new version adds Mac OS 9 compatibility. According to Clarkwood Software:
ramBunctious 1.3.2 is a RAM disk program for the Mac OS. Its rich set of features lets you customize your RAM disks for your desired balance of speed, security, safety, and versatility.
- You can have several RAM disks mounted simultaneously, limited only by memory available.
- ramBunctious has a "write-through" option. When activated, everything written to the RAM disk is saved to a (real) file. This means that the next time you mount the RAM disk, all the contents are still there. This helps protect against data loss in the event of a crash or power failure.
- ramBunctious uses normal application memory. This means that when you're done using a RAM disk, that memory is available for other applications to use. In other words, you don't have to reboot to reclaim the memory.
- Each RAM disk may be configured to be mounted automatically during the computer's startup process.
- These options, and more, are fully user-configurable for each RAM disk via a status/settings window. In addition to the settings, the status window includes LED-like access indicators that flash when the RAM disk is being read from or written to.
- ramBunctious is fully AppleScriptable.
What is new in ramBunctious 1.3.2?
- Support for Mac OS 9 was added to ramBunctious. This is a required upgrade for users of Mac OS 9 and optional for users of previous versions of the Mac OS.
ramBunctious is available as shareware for US$12. You can find more information at the Clarkwood Software web site.