October 26th, 1999
|[9:30 AM] Powerlogix's Cache Profiler Updated With Mac OS 9 Compatibility, G3/G4, More
PowerLogix has updated their Cache Profiler software to version 1.1. The new version allows the backside cache to be measured and configured on all G3 and G4 machines. The new version is also OS 9 compatible. According to PowerLogix:
G3/G4 Cache Profiler version 1.1 will:
- accurately report clock speed on G4 as well as all G3 processors (including those with 9:1 or 10:1 bus ratio)
- accurately report cache speed settings on all G4 as well as all G3 processors (including those with 9:1 or 10:1 bus ratio)
- allows easy configuration of backside cache (up to 1Mb for G3, up to 2Mb for G4)
- offers full legacy compatibility settings, bringing advances from the latest Apple machines to the older Macs
- dynamic power management, and even support for configuring the backside cache when using Linux.
G3/G4 Cache Profiler offers an intuitive interface and the most complete feature set of any competing product, including software compatibility for Adaptec SCSI cards, Media 100, and other cards that are usually finicky when used with G3 or G4 processors.
PowerLogix Cache Profiler is free. You can find more information at the PowerLogix web site.